250F need new head

i went to put the cam caps on, noticed the owner before me had broke 2 cap bolts in the head, one on each cam cap. so I put together thinking it was ok. jumped time, bent a valve
Can it be machined or do i need a new head

James

Staff member
So what exactly is wrong with it? You (he) just broke off two of the cam cap bolts?

If that's the case go take it to a local machine shop and have them remove them. Once I'd broken off a bolt and they did it for $20. :noidea:

come to the conclusion that I am going to buy a head, mainly looking for one complete that will fit my bike. please be on the look out. I don't want to go through all the machining and something not work. Thanks.

a valve got bent, when i put new valves in i didn't get them seated and should have so i just dont want to have to fork out as much as ill spend on a new head just to get a old one fixed that could be further damaged.

Im also looking for a new head for my bike. A KLX450. I found one used for 650.00 on ebay. I heard there is a shortage of them since the earthquake :( This guy wont budge on his price. He knows in time he will get it. I think things are going to get worse before better. Bummer about the KLX is they didnt make a boat load of them:banghead:

Good luck on your search!

James

Staff member
Ok so if all that happened is that you bent a valve, I'd just get the head done (new valves, springs, seats cut, etc.).

Contact Dave at MX Time ((219) 663-6941 or dave@mxtime.com), he'll beadblast the head, replace the valves (w/stainless steel), springs, and cut the seats for $425 (parts included in that price). (More info here)

This way you'll have a brand new head, otherwise if you buy a used head you'll still have to rebuild it.

its not a complete hole but after inspecting the head i think i need one, on the side is not a complete hole but looks like the valve or something nailed the side and tried coming through. I like the price at MXTIME but I would hate to send it and they tell me there is nothing they can do.

James

Staff member
its not a complete hole but after inspecting the head i think i need one, on the side is not a complete hole but looks like the valve or something nailed the side and tried coming through. I like the price at MXTIME but I would hate to send it and they tell me there is nothing they can do.
Oh....you never mentioned anything about a hole. :noidea:

James

Staff member