Need Input ASAP 1990 RM250 $200

Got spark, pulled the carb and it was pretty clean I blew threw it with the air compressor. Kicked it a few times and nothing. I think it has low compression, I'm going to push start it tomorrow. If that works I'll see how it runs after that. I have a feeling it needs a top end. Maybe I'll just sell the bike if so. My compression tester was leaking so I'm not going to even try to go off of that

I'll try and get a good comp read. It seems easy to kick over, I don't have anything to compare to though. I'll kick it a few times and check the plug.

That was the plan. Figured I would give a shot to fix it and see if it runs decent enough to sell it. I just fixed the leak in my comp tester. I have 63 PSI of compression, I'll sell it in need of a top end or just buy a $100 Namura top end if the cylinder checks out.

So I did some thinking, if I have 60 psi it's not just worn rings I don't think? There must be a big gouge or something right?

Last edited:
That was the plan. Figured I would give a shot to fix it and see if it runs decent enough to sell it. I just fixed the leak in my comp tester. I have 63 PSI of compression, I'll sell it in need of a top end or just buy a $100 Namura top end if the cylinder checks out.

So I did some thinking, if I have 60 psi it's not just worn rings I don't think? There must be a big gouge or something right?
there's the story of the man who thought he farted.....but shit his pants instead..... i'd pull it down and check er out

An old running bike sells faster than a new bike that doesn't run.