Need help determining if my Stator is bad

SRAD97750

Staff member
Now that I'm home I can see the 4 wires. Place the multimeter to Ohms/Resistance/Ω setting.
Test between the brown/white? wire and the green wire.
Test between the red? wire and white? wire.

Each test should give you a resistance figure for each of the two coils.
Post up the results. -BIG DAN:thumb:

Now that I'm home I can see the 4 wires. Place the multimeter to Ohms/Resistance/Ω setting.

Ok Dan,will do once i get home.I happened to b at 6 flags but just kinda stressed/worried about bike so cant get it off mind at moment,I will attempt to do test once home and post results.do u know what the number figure suould be from the test?

Also,are u saying to test wire at location by mid handle bars when it connects to the cdi?so unplug from cdi and test wires at that connector???

I seen one youtube video where he explains to set meter on audio symbol to check for fluid continuity,and that we should here a beep,I only get beep when testing Pink and Black wire,No beeps at all for red and white or brown and green

SRAD97750

Staff member
Continuity beep is for under 100 ohms. The meter will show the ohms and not beep if set to continuity and there is a high resistance. They want you to assume the beep means 'just wires/frame' between the probes. If no beep, there is a component or problem between the probes.
Technically speaking, if you get an ohm reading, then between the probes is a continuous path for electricity to flow.

Those readings are inspec to me, i would re-install and look into the ignition coil or cap. Replace the spark plug, clean the carburetor. -BIG DAN:thumb:

Continuity beep is for under 100 ohms. The meter will show the ohms and not beep if set to continuity and there is a high resistance. They want you to assume the beep means 'just wires/frame' between the probes. If no beep, there is a component or problem between the probes.
Technically speaking, if you get an ohm reading, then between the probes is a continuous path for electricity to flow.

Those readings are inspec to me, i would re-install and look into the ignition coil or cap. Replace the spark plug, clean the carburetor. -BIG DAN:thumb:
Had someone come over and attempt to diagnose,he stated that carb wasnt issue,by visually inspecting it he said wasnt really dirty and based on fact I wasnt getting a spark at all,that I should still get spark even if carb was clogged..I have new spark plug,but regardless if spark was new or not,shouldnt it still spark if tooken out engine but still inside coil and held against metal frame??I see no spark at all when I do that.Can you explain to me how to test coil and cap,and cdi box?Remember those 3 screws came out?maybe i will screw those 3 screws back in and see what happens..

Your diagram you posted stated brown n green wire should be between 720-1,080..My reading read 124.2,which is basically 1200 correct???Nothing wrong with having above average normal readings?Thats not a bad sign???

Hey Dan, big thumps up to you for giving me the advice u did,u were able to look at Stator and determine it was intact and seemed ok,which gave me some encouragement to put back together like u said,so its seeming like the issues was those 3 screws that came out,i put 3 screws back into stator,put it all together and seem i was gettin spark,instanly excited me so i put spark plug back in n cranked up on first kick,about to get brand new air filter since seat already off and going ridin,lol,thanks alot.My first time signing up for a forum and I actually got responses n help so thanks again