Amatuer National Hare and Hound Round 1

27072838_10214473612170408_513462812087824698_n.jpg

I came across a guy who was down probably a good 50 feet from his bike who was (when I was there) unresponsive, helped guide other bikes around him for a good 5-10 minutes until other help arrived, I then took off, and not too much further down the road I hit a g out and as I came to land (i was intentionally airborne) the rear caught a rock and I basically high sided, one cracked rib, dislocated hip, and torn rotator cuff (although I didn't know it at the time) I remounted and a short time later came up on a hill that had a whole bunch of bikes stalled, not wanting to wait I spied a line off to the right that included a rut that you ran horizontally across the face of the hill before it shot you back up to the top, I took it and when I got to the top noticed oil all over my left boot, I had put a hole in the stator cover. I rode it to the next check, last one of loop 1, where I was then deputized while waiting on a ride back to camp and started writing down the bike #'s as they rolled through.
Drove home sunday night, went to the hospital tuesday, still haven't washed my bike or done anything as Im supposed to take it easy

I came across a guy who was down probably a good 50 feet from his bike who was (when I was there) unresponsive, helped guide other bikes around him for a good 5-10 minutes until other help arrived, I then took off, and not too much further down the road I hit a g out and as I came to land (i was intentionally airborne) the rear caught a rock and I basically high sided, one cracked rib, dislocated hip, and torn rotator cuff (although I didn't know it at the time) I remounted and a short time later came up on a hill that had a whole bunch of bikes stalled, not wanting to wait I spied a line off to the right that included a rut that you ran horizontally across the face of the hill before it shot you back up to the top, I took it and when I got to the top noticed oil all over my left boot, I had put a hole in the stator cover. I rode it to the next check, last one of loop 1, where I was then deputized while waiting on a ride back to camp and started writing down the bike #'s as they rolled through.
Drove home sunday night, went to the hospital tuesday, still haven't washed my bike or done anything as Im supposed to take it easy
Well that sucks about your ride. I have been reading a few stories about this national and a lot of big get offs. Hope you heal up soon and get back out there.

Well that sucks about your ride. I have been reading a few stories about this national and a lot of big get offs. Hope you heal up soon and get back out there.
the thing that most surprised me was the open-ness of line selection, I feel like I cheated even though I had no intention of doing so, just a matter of its weird to have 3 lines that all have bikes on them with 250 feet of variation.
I'm aiming to be at round 2

the thing that most surprised me was the open-ness of line selection, I feel like I cheated even though I had no intention of doing so, just a matter of its weird to have 3 lines that all have bikes on them with 250 feet of variation.
I'm aiming to be at round 2
Yeah Red Mountain and Lucerne Valley is pretty open when you get out and open it up across the valleys. It tightens up pretty good in the canyons though depending on the selection. Red Mountain is my stomping ground. Put a ton of miles in out there. I was just out there last weekend.

Good luck on the next national It is this weekend isn't it?