Pro National Hare and Hound comes to New Mexico

I race pro (although slowly) here in NM, there were no brakes on the rape train.
But the fastest NM pro did manage to finish 7th today, super proud of that guy

I guess you could say lots of us were slow pro's. The kind of racers who didn't look fast when compared to the ones who won nationals in any kind of two wheeled racing. When compared to 85-90 % of the riding public though, I never met a "slow pro".

The catch is that most of us "slow pros" didn't want to be compared to that 85-90 percent of riders.

I guess you could say lots of us were slow pro's. The kind of racers who didn't look fast when compared to the ones who won nationals in any kind of two wheeled racing. When compared to 85-90 % of the riding public though, I never met a "slow pro".

The catch is that most of us "slow pros" didn't want to be compared to that 85-90 percent of riders.
I'm only bringing this back up because, well, I've got a good story. About 2 years ago, an older vet rider who was still incredibly fast and had done everything and anything in the desert had a major accident, as in he's still recovering, has a crutch, he did kinda die twice in the hospital, on a bike. Well, at the Socorro event the weekend before halloween he wanted to do the pre ride, and I volunteered to go with him to be there to assist in way needed (turned out to be a good thing) we didn't ride very hard or very fast, as he is on a crutch after all, but even still, a bunch of riders I don't normally see on race day were doing the same pace we were, and we were only doing maybe 10-20 mph through most of it, but at one point we were sitting still and taking a break and I commented that we were giving those dudes hell, and he said yeah, remember that when you say you're slow, you're not ricky brabec, but to a whole lot of people in this sport you're on a whole different level, and a whole lot of them look up to the guys like you, more than they do the guys they see on TV

I'm only bringing this back up because, well, I've got a good story. About 2 years ago, an older vet rider who was still incredibly fast and had done everything and anything in the desert had a major accident, as in he's still recovering, has a crutch, he did kinda die twice in the hospital, on a bike. Well, at the Socorro event the weekend before halloween he wanted to do the pre ride, and I volunteered to go with him to be there to assist in way needed (turned out to be a good thing) we didn't ride very hard or very fast, as he is on a crutch after all, but even still, a bunch of riders I don't normally see on race day were doing the same pace we were, and we were only doing maybe 10-20 mph through most of it, but at one point we were sitting still and taking a break and I commented that we were giving those dudes hell, and he said yeah, remember that when you say you're slow, you're not ricky brabec, but to a whole lot of people in this sport you're on a whole different level, and a whole lot of them look up to the guys like you, more than they do the guys they see on TV
This morning, as stated else where, I'm going to race the first round of NHHA in red mountain ca jan 27, started with a text message from a kid still on 65's whos dad offered me a spot in his car pool out to this race, he asked how many I was doing and went on to say he thought I could sweep my class and he was excited to have a fast dude going out there with them :shocked: I never in my wildest imagination would have thought that the adventures of a guy who just wanted to ride his dirt bike would ever matter to anyone but me.

Last edited:
This morning, as stated else where, I'm going to race the first round of NHHA in red mountain ca jan 27, started with a text message from a kid still on 65's whos dad offered me a spot in his car pool out to this race, he asked how many I was doing and went on to say he thought I could sweep my class and he was excited to have a fast dude going out there with them :shocked: I never in my wildest imagination would have thought that the adventures of a guy who just wanted to ride his dirt bike would ever matter to anyone but me.

Somewhere in Time you influenced or impacted somebody’s life and it made a a positive difference. :thumb: