My Sons 6th Birthday & First Bike

so the boy turned 6 and we got him a TTR 50. he also got lots of gear. The bike needs a carb clean and the idle needs adjusting but i didn't have time to do it before his first go at it. On top of that im a horrible teacher as well. First run was a wheelie to loop. 2nd run was whiskey throttle to fall over. It also was not the ideal spot for a first time 6 year old and he hit his elbow on the 2nd run and was done. I wasn't gonna push it anymore after that. I really didn't want to put the training wheels on but i think he needs it for a little while... till he can learn to balance the weight and control the throttle better so ill prolly put it on for his next couple attempts.

once again thanks for the gear rack. He was stoked about it and i couldn't get him to take the jersey off all night. as of right now all he needs is proper elbow pads, knee pads, boots and MAYBE some goggles.
him after opening all his presents.
2cgimw6.jpg

him on the bike for the first time
9ji3dh.jpg

his mother also made a pretty cool cake. the pic dont show the whoops and the berms very good but here..
nezz1k.jpg

and here is the video of his first attempts at riding... I still say he did better then his old dad on his first 50 ride at his age... i went out of control right into a garage door :lol:

:thumb: nice. Reminds me of when I got my pw50 when I was 5. You might want to start him on training wheels for the first couple rides.

That is awesome Trav. I like how he looped and then got right back up and wanted another try. Tough boy you got there. Looks like he had a great birthday. Roost to you sir!

yea the 2nd one gave him a real good raspberry on his elbow and he was done after that... he is still talking about the loop tho. He keeps saying.. "dad do you know any other kids that do wheelies on their first time riding a motorcycle?" When it happened i said SWEET wheelie buddy... now i have to explain to him that's not something he wants or should be trying to do cause he did crash.

i put the training wheels on this morning. i also played with the timing a bit. In that vid(even with my 225lbs on it) as soon as i put it in 1st and without giving any gas it would start to take off. I played with it this morning and now i can put it in gear let off the brake and it doesn't move until you give it gas. I got all the toys cleared out the back yard and sometime later today hes gonna give it another shot :thumb:

Gonna be crazy like his old man lol , looks like you two are havin some fun, and tell Dylan i said happy B-Day.:banana:

AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Way cool Travace!!!!!!!!!!!!

Need to get him together with some of our kids so they can "teach" him :prof:. It's always better from a kid to a kid.

I told you he would pin it:smirk: Thats sooo cool trav:thumb:
yea i should have found the throttle limiter screw sooner. even today he was full on and we crashed again. this time he took me out... i think i hurt my shin way worse then he hurt his elbow :lol:

AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Way cool Travace!!!!!!!!!!!!

Need to get him together with some of our kids so they can "teach" him :prof:. It's always better from a kid to a kid.

I think its right around the 16th my wife has a couple days off.. i belive its a sunday and a monday. I REALLY want to make it out to KM... maybe you can meet us there? I need a guide anyway.

yea i should have found the throttle limiter screw sooner. even today he was full on and we crashed again. this time he took me out... i think i hurt my shin way worse then he hurt his elbow :lol:

I think its right around the 16th my wife has a couple days off.. i belive its a sunday and a monday. I REALLY want to make it out to KM... maybe you can meet us there? I need a guide anyway.

My boys go back to school on Monday 8/16 I wont be anywhere near KM. Sorry dude.

Awesome Trav. That brings back some good memories. The first time I brought home a PW80, my Son went WFO right into my air compressor. I guess that was one way of getting new plastic.:lol: From then on, it was only wide open spaces for him.:smirk: I'll be Roosting you when I can.:thumb:

Edit; I keep forgeting to pull out my old gear to see what you might be able to use. I know I've got boots, just not sure what size...

Right on Travis, you should have said something when you were over getting the 80. I have goggles out the ying yang for his little face. Protect the eyes, it's a window to the world. Looks like a happy kid.

Precious! Love the video:thumb: a memory to look back on forever. So darn cute! I just want to give him a hug! And might that be little sister in the video? Might this be her future :thinking:50 also?

Precious! Love the video:thumb: a memory to look back on forever. So darn cute! I just want to give him a hug! And might that be little sister in the video? Might this be her future :thinking:50 also?

yep it is and im sure it will be. she already is asking for all pink gear :lol:. i got a crf80 from palmer and the plan is when the boy is big enough he gets that and then little sis will get the 50.

yep it is and im sure it will be. she already is asking for all pink gear :lol:. i got a crf80 from palmer and the plan is when the boy is big enough he gets that and then little sis will get the 50.

Brace yourself, it's all down hill from here :prof: