my son

Finally bought a card for the gopro. Beautiful day out in the desert today, 85 miles with my son and friend. :thumb:

First time with the camera, we'll point it higher next time.

Is that your Son up front? Good rider if it is:thumb: I was just starting to get into the video when suddenly where is he going? What is he doing? :lol:Then you got back on it and started to move. NICE! Where is this? I like the dirt nap at the end LOL Dont forget to post it in the nap thread. 85 miles is a good ride. You always have good rides it seems, or it least the ones you post:smirk:

Nice vid!

The boy has the helmet cam on....
We took him through some boulder fields and other technical stuff, he's learning (how to cuss) still.

We took him through some boulder fields and other technical stuff, he's learning (how to cuss) still.
Nice day for a ride as we were out in the dez yesterday too. My son is 13 and he is learning as well, both the riding and the cussing. He does not like the rocks, not my favorite either, and he hates the sand washes. :smirk:

Nice day for a ride as we were out in the dez yesterday too. My son is 13 and he is learning as well, both the riding and the cussing. He does not like the rocks, not my favorite either, and he hates the sand washes. :smirk:

Looks like my 15 year old is a little ahead of your Sons. He still has alot to learn on the bike, but he is a expert when it comes to the cussing. :smirk:

James

Staff member
:naughty: Shame on you, cool video though. :smirk:

:lol: Damn I don't miss those friggen rocks.

BTW is there no sound to that video or was my computer just spazzing out?

Nice, I like watching videos like that, especially when stuck at work.
Other riders out there, or did you have the place to yourselves?

Working on a Sunday, sacrilege! :thumb:
Not much traffic in that area, saw one solo rider on a bike the whole day and some guys out shooting. We staged by a fenceline that had signs; "24/7 video surveillance" :lol:
Fun area, run that ridgeline above the lakebeds, explore sst and waterfalls around Fremont Peak and the mud hill badlands to the east. Shorter drive than Spangler or Cal City from the OC.
His bike is still giving me troubles. Just put a new top end in because it was past time, was blowing smoke and didn't have low end power. Now I'm thinking jetting or clutch plates because it will still bog and not put the power out on hard stuff? I think on this next video you can hear it as he's climbing that hill and downshifting (video to come, still uploading-got to run)

:naughty: Shame on you, cool video though. :smirk:

:lol: Damn I don't miss those friggen rocks.

BTW is there no sound to that video or was my computer just spazzing out?

I thought you hit the rocks when you were here, not missed 'em :shocked: :smirk:
I'm slow on this 'puter stuff, and gopro too. It's my camera but I haven't used it yet, the first few videos don't have sound but the later ones do?

James

Staff member
I thought you hit the rocks when you were here, not missed 'em :shocked: :smirk:
I'm slow on this 'puter stuff, and gopro too. It's my camera but I haven't used it yet, the first few videos don't have sound but the later ones do?
:lol::cry::lol: Smart arse. :moon:

Yup I had a couple close ones on that short run you, Rack and I did that one day. Of course Rack had to take me through the rockiest section he could find on such short notice. :foul::smirk:

Yup I had a couple close ones on that short run you, Rack and I did that one day. Of course Rack had to take me through the rockiest section he could find on such short notice. :foul::smirk:

You're saying Rack, took you out on a ride to torture you. That's funny, I just wouldn't have seen that coming. :smirk:

Did you put a larger tank on the 85? What did you use to carry extra 2t fuel? I have some MSR cans that I use. Just wondering if you have a better setup.

:blah::blah::blah: Sorry it wasn't a perfectly groomed trail :picard:. So there were a few rocks on the trail, what's the big deal :noidea:

You're saying Rack, took you out on a ride to torture you. That's funny, I just wouldn't have seen that coming. :smirk:

FYI - the dirt road comming into the area where we camped was in worse shape than the trail I took James on :smirk:

Did you put a larger tank on the 85? What did you use to carry extra 2t fuel? I have some MSR cans that I use. Just wondering if you have a better setup.

I was wandering what use on those long trail rides as well. I looked up the MSR one and they seemed to be just like the water bottles you see everwhere so I am going to try that. Since I have a few of those laying around.

MSR gas bottle
8.34812_d.jpg

Water bottles
images