My Season Starts Now Ride Report

I've spent all summer stripping my bike down and doing maintenance projects on it. I finally got it all back together last weekend, and it was about time too. It's cooling down, and time to hit the dez :banana:
I took it out Saturday for a little , half- day shakedown run to the local spot. I got there early to beat the heat. Summer hasn't completely gone yet.

TopOfOrd002.jpg

TopOfOrd003.jpg

The first stop was this old mine. I've been by this a hundred times but always stop anyway.

TopOfOrd007.jpg

TopOfOrd005.jpg

All the comforts of home.

TopOfOrd008.jpg

This is the trail going from the desert sofa.

TopOfOrd009.jpg

I had a destination in mind for this ride. I've been riding this area for years, but there is at least one place that I hadn't been. If you look closely, you can just see it.

TopOfOrd045.jpg

On the way there I came across this old mining site.

TopOfOrd031.jpg

TopOfOrd011.jpg

TopOfOrd012.jpg

TopOfOrd013.jpg

Back on the trail, I find something that always pisses me off... litterbugs! It seems that some A-HOLES left this scrap metal laying right across the trail. :foul:

TopOfOrd028-1.jpg

TopOfOrd029.jpg

It took a little effort, but I was able to get around the obstacle. Then, I took a break in a shady spot on the trail and enjoyed the view.

TopOfOrd016.jpg

TopOfOrd015-1.jpg

I need a break now. More to come.

At the top of the mountain.

TopOfOrd017.jpg

TopOfOrd025.jpg

Here's a nice view of Tyler Valley

TopOfOrd023.jpg

Down in all the dust is Anderson DL, with Cougar Buttes in the background.

TopOfOrd022.jpg

TopOfOrd026-1.jpg

I parked in somebody's spot. I'd better go before they get back.

TopOfOrd018.jpg

After I got down from the mountain I found another cool mine.

TopOfOrd033.jpg

I walked in what seemed like a long distance. Judging by the pic, it wasn't as far as I thought.

TopOfOrd038.jpg

The shaft keeps on going, but I get the Hell out of there.

TopOfOrd037.jpg

Some desert squash. Does anybody know if this stuff is edible?

TopOfOrd050.jpg

TopOfOrd051.jpg

Speaking of food, I'm hungry, and it's starting to get hot. Time to hit the Slash X.

TopOfOrd054.jpg

Back at the truck, I load up, and before I head home I need to visit a bush. While taking care of business, I hear a noise coming from my bush.:eek: At first I think it's a snake, but I hear it again. It sounds like scratching, not rattling. Upon investigation, I find an empty soda cup standing upright in the middle of the bush. Wait a minute. It's not empty.

TopOfOrd055.jpg

TopOfOrd056.jpg

The poor little guy was trapped. I set him free and then leave for home.

TopOfOrd057.jpg

By about 45 minutes. He didn't stage at JV though. At this spot, you can be on the bike, in less then 90 minutes, breakfast stop included.

Nice ride report Rolls! I am so ready to ride. I need to pull the bike and and give it a wipe down and check everything out. I wish I would have hit the Lost Coyotes ride this last weekend, but another option came up that I had to do....

Nice ride report Rolls! I am so ready to ride. I need to pull the bike and and give it a wipe down and check everything out. I wish I would have hit the Lost Coyotes ride this last weekend, but another option came up that I had to do....

I guess the manager, gets the last word on the riding schedule.:smirk:

Nice RR. Did you do that alone? I think I would have at least had one other with me if it was the shake down ride. You got a big pair of NUTS there partner. :smirk:

Nice RR. Did you do that alone? I think I would have at least had one other with me if it was the shake down ride. You got a big pair of NUTS there partner. :smirk:

I don't want to be answering all the questions, but his normal partner is out, but I did know where he was going, there is pretty good cell service there, and I had a buddy with a couple KTM's if need be.

I don't want to be answering all the questions, but his normal partner is out, but I did know where he was going, there is pretty good cell service there, and I had a buddy with a couple KTM's if need be.

So, are you the wheel barrel? :P :P
Let me know if you ever do this ride....