My first time on a track

What is your weight , height , tire size , bike , this is different for everyone , trail , enduro , mx track , hard pack , sandy , wet , rocks , ??? All are relavent to everyone ..... trial and error is the only way to tell . Take notes , put into brain storage file ...

Hey turf are you siting forward for the turns? Try to get as much weight on the front fire as possible and it will dig in better.
Damn making me want to ride tomorrow

Hey turf are you siting forward for the turns? Try to get as much weight on the front fire as possible and it will dig in better.
Damn making me want to ride tomorrow
I try to sit as far forward as I can, but I'm a rookie and still figuring it all out.
But I do feel like I've reached a plateau, and gained something recently.
Hitting that jump last weekend for the first time was a huge confidence booster. Now I cant wait to get back and try some others.
There is also a particular table-top that is too long for me right now, but if I could figure out the turn right before it I might be able to clear it soon.
That turn usually has some deep ruts and I felt like I was climbing up them a couple weeks ago.

Cornering and exiting the corner with enough speed to clear a jump is what I am practicing right now.
Figuring out which bike to ride and what tires to use is also a new dilemma...

Last edited:
I try to sit as far forward as I can, but I'm a rookie and still figuring it all out.
But I do feel like I've reached a plateau, and gained something recently.
Hitting that jump last weekend for the first time was a huge confidence booster. Now I cant wait to get back and try some others.
There is also a particular table-top that is too long for me right now, but if I could figure out the turn right before it I might be able to clear it soon.
That turn usually has some deep ruts and I felt like I was climbing up them a couple weeks ago.

Cornering and exiting the corner with enough speed to clear a jump is what I am practicing right now.
Figuring out which bike to ride and what tires to use is also a new dilemma...

If you are going to practice then practice corner speed. The more ruts the better. The easier and faster you handle rutted corners the easier the jumps become. Remember: look down, fall down. Look ahead move ahead.
Corner for cash, jump for flash.