my day has started off good..

last time i did one on the ranger it started to go out on the way home from work. I got home at 6, went bought a new one, pulled the bed and swapped it out before 9. Its really not that bad of a job and the beds on these mini trucks are so light you could pivot it up out of your way enough by yourself, just use a scrap 2x4 to hold up up

as i stated earlier i would have done it myself had it not been so cold. due to the ever increasing price the shop keeps calling me about, i should have just done it myself and not let them rob me on their ridiculous price mark up. 100 for an acdelco fuel pump? YEAH RIGHT! rock auto has it for 40. Not really enjoying this but it is too late at this point, ill post a pic of my receipt when i get it.

as i stated earlier i would have done it myself had it not been so cold. due to the ever increasing price the shop keeps calling me about, i should have just done it myself and not let them rob me on their ridiculous price mark up. 100 for an
acdelco fuel pump? YEAH RIGHT! rock auto has it for 40. Not
really enjoying this but it is too late at this point, ill post a
pic of my receipt when i get it.

Just a FYI at our shop we will install customers own parts.... However. We charge a higher labor rate(10 bucks more) and no warranty on part, that would be the customers responsibility. The simple reason for this is that we are not
making a profit on the part, and we didn't buy the part, so
how can we warranty it, also when customers bring in their
own parts, quite often it's wrong and we end up wasting our
time on somthing that we won't make any money on anyways so we try to discourage it. 99/100 the customer will be more satisfied if we supply the parts just because it causes less heartache if the job needs to be warrantied later.

I only ever had one of my personals worked on by a shop once, took the amigo to midas for rear brakes, it has disc rears and I didn't have a return tool and was looking to take off on vacation that weekend, $220 and a really shitty job on the rotors later I'm not paying anyone again :P

I only ever had one of my personals worked on by a shop once, took the amigo to midas for rear brakes, it has disc rears and I didn't have a return tool and was looking to take off on vacation that weekend, $220 and a really shitty job on the rotors
later I'm not paying anyone again :P

You were lucky, Midas won't usually give you your keys back till you spend $1200 or more on a brake job.....at least according to most of my customers stories.

as i stated earlier i would have done it myself had it not been so cold. due to the ever increasing price the shop keeps calling me about, i should have just done it myself and not let them rob me on their ridiculous price mark up. 100 for an acdelco fuel pump? YEAH RIGHT! rock auto has it for 40. Not really enjoying this but it is too late at this point, ill post a pic of my receipt when i get it.

Awe yes, bate and switch. I love a shop like that....Never to darken the door again...

Just a FYI at our shop we will install customers own parts.... However. We charge a higher labor rate(10 bucks more) and no warranty on part, that would be the customers responsibility. The simple reason for this is that we are not
making a profit on the part, and we didn't buy the part, so
how can we warranty it, also when customers bring in their
own parts, quite often it's wrong and we end up wasting our
time on somthing that we won't make any money on anyways so we try to discourage it. 99/100 the customer will be more satisfied if we supply the parts just because it causes less heartache if the job needs to be warrantied later.

Sounds like the 99% of people up there that bring in their own "wrong" parts are just idiots to start with. Does that effect the whole area?

Awe yes, bate and switch. I love a shop like that....Never to darken the door again...

Sounds like the 99% of people up there that bring in their own "wrong" parts
are just idiots to start with. Does that
effect the whole area?

That's not exactly what I meant, with a few exceptions, people are willing to pay more for peace of mind as far as the warranty is concerned, I'd say only probably 10 percent of the bring your own parts people are dumb asses and bring the wrong ones.

That's not exactly what I meant, with a few exceptions, people are willing to pay more for peace of mind as far as the warranty is concerned, I'd say only probably 10 percent of the bring your own parts people are dumb asses and bring the wrong ones.

Looks like you caught on to my "kick you in the balls" comment... You must not be drunk yet...