Injured My Dad

in the middle of the night he had a massive heart attack and the doctors had to use a probe just to get it to stop. He is currently unconscious and they are moving forward with the operation.

He was a smoker, which is what the doctors are labeling as the chief reason for all this, so if you smoke, take this as a warning.
Prayers are with you and the family snowflake...

in the middle of the night he had a massive heart attack and the doctors had to use a probe just to get it to stop. He is currently unconscious and they are moving forward with the operation.

He was a smoker, which is what the doctors are labeling as the chief reason for all this, so if you smoke, take this as a warning.
That is bad news but at least they are now going to go in there and fix things up. Keep us posted of the progress. :thumb:

the surgery went off without a hitch, the docs said there was some damage to the lower section of the heart, which I have no idea what that means for him. He's currently in a medical induced coma, they will wake him up at earliest tomorrow

the surgery went off without a hitch, the docs said there was some damage to the lower section of the heart, which I have no idea what that means for him. He's currently in a medical induced coma, they will wake him up at earliest tomorrow
This means that this part of the heart muscle has been damaged from the heart attack. Heart attacks are a result of lack of blood flowing to particular parts of the muscle and after the heart attack this muscle tissue is now dead or weak. The heart will never be as strong as before but with proper care and exercise, etc. he can go on living like before, minus the cigarettes though. Glad to hear he had the succesful surgery. :thumb: