My 99 YZ125 build thread

battle scars...and numerous missing bolts for plastics..hoses..stupid shit here and there. lol hopefully by the end of the day and 20$ later, ill have restored cross hatching, and a knife edge exhaust port on the jug!

hone, but dont waste your time and throttle response on the "knife edge". yours looks like it runs pretty rich, and that is probably why the piston looks in such good shape for its age.

UPDATE UPDATE READ ALL ABOUT IT!!

i FINALLY got home monday from college, and have spent the last 3 days slamming the SHIT out of the old bearings and getting them out. swing arm bearings, suspension linkage bearings, steering stem bearings, and then began putting it allllll back together.

so now shes all put back together, only thing left really is the skid plate. did the first start up and let her warm up and cool down, got the chain and sprockets on, and went putting around the yard. wouldve done a proper second step break in, except my clutch is slipping and not fully engaging. so i pulled her back in and adjusted it and started throwing the plastics on since it was getting dark. the clutch cable is now adjusted and the clutch HOPEFULLY shouldnt be slipping anymore. soooo, finishing the break in, and HOPEFULLY RIDING TOMORROW!!!

UPDATE:

break in procedure complete, done by starting her, letting her warm up, cool down, warm up then wuarter throttle through every gear, cool down, warm up, half throttle through every gear, cool down, warm up, 3/4 throttle through every gear, cool down, warm up, FULL THROTTLE THROUGH EVERY GEAR!

its hard to tell as of right now how much more "power" and what not she has. she definitely seems snappier and has a lil more torque, but i wont really be able to tell until i hit the trails in....oh...bout an hour :D

also my clutch has been super stiff and hard to pull ever since i put a DP clutch kit in it last year, in which the springs were noticeably teller than the stock ones, and i think but cant be sure they were stiffer too. since it waas soooo stiff and still slipping when cold, i removed the DP springs and put the stock springs back in, and also added 1 steel plate about 4 layers of plates down. clutch works great, no slippage, and much easier to pull now!! now its time to ride :D

UPDATE:

break in procedure complete, done by starting her, letting her warm up, cool down, warm up then wuarter throttle through every gear, cool down, warm up, half throttle through every gear, cool down, warm up, 3/4 throttle through every gear, cool down, warm up, FULL THROTTLE THROUGH EVERY GEAR!

its hard to tell as of right now how much more "power" and what not she has. she definitely seems snappier and has a lil more torque, but i wont really be able to tell until i hit the trails in....oh...bout an hour :D

also my clutch has been super stiff and hard to pull ever since i put a DP clutch kit in it last year, in which the springs were noticeably teller than the stock ones, and i think but cant be sure they were stiffer too. since it waas soooo stiff and still slipping when cold, i removed the DP springs and put the stock springs back in, and also added 1 steel plate about 4 layers of plates down. clutch works great, no slippage, and much easier to pull now!! now its time to ride :D

A new set of clutch springs should have more tension and as a result be taller than old stocker springs......now go ride that bike and report back.

welp....i think its safe to say she has a good amount more torque than before......cus ive never been sketched about over throttling for a wheelie and wheelieing over, and welllll......

yepp...fucked myself up pretty good with some road rash. was only in 2nd gear for the wheelie and she just went RIGHT over. broke off a piece of my fender, but im ordering new plastics soon anyway....good thing i didnt yet.