Mouthgaurds?

Mouth gaurd MX

• Total voters
not if you wax the braces first so that the solution can get all inbetween the wires and such.

can or can't...I would think (having had impressions done on my teeth which was messy enough WITHOUT braces) if it got between the wires and such it'd get stuck and be a mess...kind of like gum!

can or can't...I would think (having had impressions done on my teeth which was messy enough WITHOUT braces) if it got between the wires and such it'd get stuck and be a mess...kind of like gum!

Sorry Can't is what I meant. I never had braces but my oldest did. I was just thinking they make a wax that you put on them so that food doesn't get in those wires. So if you put that wax on really good you can avoid the stuff getting into the wires and such.

Sorry Can't is what I meant. I never had braces but my oldest did. I was just thinking they make a wax that you put on them so that food doesn't get in those wires. So if you put that wax on really good you can avoid the stuff getting into the wires and such.

THAT makes sense......like a barrier...:thumb:

THAT makes sense......like a barrier...:thumb:

Yeah, thats it. I don't know if it would work but if you have braces and want a mouth piece that fits perfectly and is comfortable,,,it would be worth a try. Or, call an ortho and ask what other options there are, but that would be more $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

As I have said before, been with braces for 2 years....

I crash ALLOT......
never used this rumored "wax".....
never had an issue riding......

:ride:

As I have said before, been with braces for 2 years....

I crash ALLOT......
never used this rumored "wax".....
never had an issue riding......

:ride:

:jos: you ride trails allot,,,mostly. How many crashes were you involved in where you were 20 to 30ft in air when you crashed. A get off going around a corner is not what JYD is concerned about. He is thinking of the bigger picture. Do you wear a leatt brace when you ride? He does, so I am thinking he is a little more caution oriented since he races MX and the bike leaves the ground more. There are more likely chances of jetting seriously hurt by casing or over jumping. Not saying trails can't be dangerous. Just saying hitting big jumps are.

I met a kid this summer riding in a Razor that was paralyzed because he over jumped a triple by about 30feet or more. When he landed his bottomed out and landed so hard on his seat that he compressed his spine. I am just saying that sometimes you land that hard, and if your tongue is hanging or in the way of your teeth....well you might not be able to speak correctly for the rest of your life as well. Just something to think about :prof:

Have you considered having your jaws wired shut? :prof: Just an idea ! :smirk:
I guess I'll just have to type out my complaints and send them to you :smirk:
You know, you can go to wally world and by a cheapo and try it out. If it doesn't completely kill you to wear it,,,then go out and spend a little squish and get one that forms to your teeth. I used to use the kind you mix up a solution and pour into a blank mouth piece and then bite down and wait for a few minutes. It will form around your teeth and be and exact form. It will be way more comfortable and it will stay in place.

not if you wax the braces first so that the solution can't get all inbetween the wires and such.
My cousin buys these one for football where you boil them for 10 minutes then take an impression, made for reg teeth and braces. Plus I think I can get on for free through my ortho, they asked before if I needed one and I turned down the offer, since I haven't thought about it.
:jos: you ride trails allot,,,mostly. How many crashes were you involved in where you were 20 to 30ft in air when you crashed. A get off going around a corner is not what JYD is concerned about. He is thinking of the bigger picture. Do you wear a leatt brace when you ride? He does, so I am thinking he is a little more caution oriented since he races MX and the bike leaves the ground more. There are more likely chances of jetting seriously hurt by casing or over jumping. Not saying trails can't be dangerous. Just saying hitting big jumps are.

I met a kid this summer riding in a Razor that was paralyzed because he over jumped a triple by about 30feet or more. When he landed his bottomed out and landed so hard on his seat that he compressed his spine. I am just saying that sometimes you land that hard, and if your tongue is hanging or in the way of your teeth....well you might not be able to speak correctly for the rest of your life as well. Just something to think about :prof:

To be fair, Jos refers to a leatt as a 300$ piece of junk plastic that serves no purpose :noidea: Right Brandyn? :thumb: I think jackson nailed this one directly on the head. You got it for me dude :thumb:

Ray i use the shock doctor for hockey and i find it a liiiiiitle bulky, and breathing is sometimes restricted. Try a underarmour flowing mouthgard, or one from a dentist. I know some brands make braces mouthgards specially, plenty of my buddys have them. Go for the braces one, they go up a little more and protect a little better, too bad you couldn't take them for a test rip eh :lol: ?

Ray i use the shock doctor for hockey and i find it a liiiiiitle bulky, and breathing is sometimes restricted. Try a underarmour flowing mouthgard, or one from a dentist. I know some brands make braces mouthgards specially, plenty of my buddys have them. Go for the braces one, they go up a little more and protect a little better, too bad you couldn't take them for a test rip eh :lol: ?

Hey tahnks brah :cheers: good info! I dig UA

Well, today we ran to walmart, I bought a 3$ dual layer mouth gaurd that forms to my teeth and a good quality pair of compression shorts. I'm going to check them out and see how it feels then make my vote on how it goes next weekend :thumb: Thanks for the input everybody, much appriciated

Well, today we ran to walmart, I bought a 3$ dual layer mouth gaurd that forms to my teeth and a good quality pair of compression shorts. I'm going to check them out and see how it feels then make my vote on how it goes next weekend :thumb: Thanks for the input everybody, much appriciated

good quality and walmart should not be used in the same sentence... :shocked:

Mouth guard and compression shorts...try them out and see how it feels...:thinking: :thinking: odd combination :prof:

good quality and walmart should not be used in the same sentence... :shocked:

You sir are right on the money..........:foul: Wal-Mart