Motocross Track and or Motorcycle Dealership

Speaking of motocross tracks and Dealerships - this was dropped off in my office from one of my employees.

View attachment 19735

Probably hard to see but Orange Crush demo days at Hollister this Sunday. I can almost smell the two stroke fuel from here.

Too bad I'm not going to be here for that.

I attempted to so this a few years ago. Went to the event it was hosted by a club. At the end of the day if you weren't a club member you didn't ride. It seemed like it was more of a promo deal than anything back then.

I attempted to so this a few years ago. Went to the event it was hosted by a club. At the end of the day if you weren't a club member you didn't ride. It seemed like it was more of a promo deal than anything back then.
Yeah, one of my employees is going to hit it up Sunday, so I'll get the scoop on how it turns out.

I know a couple of track owners around the Houston area and if you don't have a butt load of money and are not willing to give up all of your spare time (and this means riding bikes), faget 'bout it (as you New Yorkers say). Paying for the property, building of the track (you'll have to hire someone to do this and the people who really know how to do it, don't come cheap), equipment costs, insurance, and permits are just the beginning. Water (and lots of it); if there's not a sustainable pond on the property, you'll have to pay someone for it. Sanitation (toilets and garbage - nuff said). You can't do it alone, so you'll have labor costs. I've seen disgruntled neighbors (who moved in long AFTER the track was open) over a mile away call the county to complain about the dust and noise, causing the track to be shutdown. The parents of the first pee-wee that falls over will be suing you for negligence and endangerment even though they signed a waiver before entering the park (those documents aren't worth the paper they are written on in court). There was a fairly popular MX track in east Texas that had been open for over a dozen years shutdown by a big-shot Dallas lawyer who bought property next to it and didn't like the noise. He filed for a permanent injunction against the track in county court and won. If your track isn't kept perfectly prepped all of the time, riders (and non-riders) will be ragging on you in the forums and the local dealerships, running away business. They will complain the track is too tough, wimpy, dangerous, boring, hard packed, loamy; it's basically a no win situation. And then, there's the shifty promoters, who will make completely unreasonable demands, wanting you to join into their racing series .

Last edited:
Wow, that puts a damper on my dream of opening up a track. Oh like I said before I may be from NY but I'm not a NYC dweller. So I will not "FAGET ABOUT IT". I will keep my dreams of opening up a track some day. Even if its in my own head. So thanks jbird710 for your post. It is verry real in to what happens to most of our tracks. The way you said it, only makes me think that you have expience in this matter. So I will take your post real seriously. Thanks

I'm not saying it can't be done, but you had better be ready to commit to it and do your homework. And, yes, I've listened to the two track owners I mentioned unload over a few beers on occasion.