Mini-lotto!

I had a normal day today, got home, got the mail, and sorted the normal 2 lbs of trash from the stuff that means anything.

In there was a letter from BIG company that want's something that I own. Years and years ago, I paid cash for something that no one thought nothing about, but it was something that I liked. I still have it, and the "rights" to it. Apparently, this has now become a big deal.

BIG company wants to write me a check for $130,000 cash, and give me 15% royalties on sales for the next 5 years, with option on the next 5 years. "THEY" will contact me Monday.

My first reaction was :banana::banana::banana: EFF YEAH!

I made some calls to a couple of good friends "in the business", and they said I just stepped into a pot of gold! They advised I hire a lawyer and get some serious advice. The letter said the offer was only good for 30 days. So I have some time to check things out. I will be busier than a cat digging a shit hole on a frozen lake Monday looking into this with gusto! :thumb: (Did you like the colorful analogy?)

That kind of made my day! :banana::banana::banana:

Now, that's something that doesn't happen everyday, huh? :thumb: Either it's dumb luck, or I had some intuition about this when bought it! :noidea:

I can't say what it is, so don't ask! I just wanted to share my joy! :banana::banana:

Oh man, that's no fun. You had better spill when the deal is done.

Sounds like there will be some nice new shiny bikes in the Buckrun household.

Actually, if this comes to fruition, the guberment will take their share, and leave me just enough to pay the mortgage $$$ I have on my house, and pay to have power lines put to my cabin!

I like owning things outright! I like paying cash! I hate being a debtor, even if it's my house, which is the only thing I owe other peeps for!

:picard::oldpicard: Ya got me Nat'l! Only it's my old G I Joe collection! Just the ones I didn't blow up with M-80's as a kid!

:OldpicardwishishingitwastheoldpicardnothenewLAMEASSNEWPICARD:

:picard: <<< this sucks! The old one was NOT a penis!

Beam the old Picard aboard, captain!....... Engage! :thumb:

OK, cat's out of the bag, my "mini-lotto" was the fact that a natural gas company wants to buy the gas and oil rights to my property around my cabin for $2K an acre cash, plus 15% royalties for the next 10 years! :banana:
That is more per acre by almost a factor of 2 than I paid per acre! I got 65 of 'em! :banana:

I gotta get a tax accountant to see how little I can pay the guberment on this windfall. Anyone have a similar experience or any good advice?

I have a "primitive" cabin. I bring the water I drink and cook with, and wash dishes off a rain water collector and storage system. My light is provided by gas lanterns salvaged off 50's and 60's camper's interior gas lights, plumbed into 100 lb tanks. I have a full compliment of good magazines to read in the outdoor crapper. That is the way I like it! It's so simple, it's refreshing to deal with! I like it! It makes my cabin so different than "modern" stuff and high tech campers, that I'm not just stepping out of my house into another one on wheels, I'm going outside! I'm living differently for a while! It's quiet, pure, and simple!

(There are tons of fresh springs popping out of the hills everywhere with cisterns that have been there forever)

I have a "primitive" cabin. I bring the water I drink and cook with, and wash dishes off a rain water collector and storage system. My light is provided by gas lanterns salvaged off 50's and 60's camper's interior gas lights, plumbed into 100 lb tanks. I have a full compliment of good magazines to read in the outdoor crapper. That is the way I like it! It's so simple, it's refreshing to deal with! I like it! It makes my cabin so different than "modern" stuff and high tech campers, that I'm not just stepping out of my house into another one on wheels, I'm going outside! I'm living differently for a while! It's quiet, pure, and simple!

(There are tons of fresh springs popping out of the hills everywhere with cisterns that have been there forever)

Buck, several things to comment on here. First off - outstanding that it appears that you still have the subsurface rights to your property - up here those rights are typically reserved to the Crown (ie; the Government) They can be hugely valuable which is good news for you:thumb: Secondly, there is nothing better than a good old outhouse to take a stroll to with the coffee in the morning. I have a badarse outhouse that has all my "reference" material in it (lots of Dirtbiker, Car and Driver, Grill'n for Real Men, Victoria Secret - you know the standard :smirk:), we have a bathroom for all the non-real-folks who like to powder their arses but, for me, it's outside, in the fresh air, at one with nature. I know, you know what I'm talking 'bout. :thumb:

Buck, several things to comment on here. First off - outstanding that it appears that you still have the subsurface rights to your property - up here those rights are typically reserved to the Crown (ie; the Government) They can be hugely valuable which is good news for you:thumb: Secondly, there is nothing better than a good old outhouse to take a stroll to with the coffee in the morning. I have a badarse outhouse that has all my "reference" material in it (lots of Dirtbiker, Car and Driver, Grill'n for Real Men, Victoria Secret - you know the standard :smirk:), we have a bathroom for all the non-real-folks who like to powder their arses but, for me, it's outside, in the fresh air, at one with nature. I know, you know what I'm talking 'bout. :thumb:

:lol: :smirk: You just made me laugh out loud! :lol: You speak gospel on the crapper topic my friend! :lol:

A good double mantle Coleman lantern heats the seat up a bit when its no degrees outside, and eliminates the steam from your breath when you exhale so you can see the type on the article you must read that morning! I have the optional door kicker that keeps it open in daylight hours so I can keep an eye on the woods! :lol:
:thumb:

:lol: :smirk: You just made me laugh out loud! :lol: You speak gospel on the crapper topic my friend! :lol:

A good double mantle Coleman lantern heats the seat up a bit when its no degrees outside, and eliminates the steam from your breath when you exhale so you can see the type on the article you must read that morning! I have the optional door kicker that keeps it open in daylight hours so I can keep an eye on the woods! :lol:
:thumb:

Outstanding - mine is placed just so that everyone understands, if the door is open (I love to read and watch the Chipmunks) someone (me) is busy! :lol: And seriously Buck, I would have a Lawyer that knows oil/gas rights look at that offer :thumb: