'Merica's toughest truck

What's America's toughest truck?

• Total voters
Chevy!! Square bodies only. :smirk:

I did fall in love with a Ford this past weekend. It was a 90's diesel Ford. It was so smooth, and powerful. Thing did great off roading trying to find us some deer in the cornfield. Straight drive too. :drool:

why no imports? afraid of something that laughs at 200k? Or do you just prefer domestics, nothing wrong with the later, but if its because you feel their inferior than I don't know what to tell you :noidea:
and I agree fully with Mike, if all you're doing is moving a dirt bike, you don't need a 1/2 ton, way way over kill. I have a 1/2 ton because I haul things besides dirt bikes.
I got by for years using an isuzu amigo and a bike trailer for everything.

My vote goes to the ford.
well I was going to put the toyota Tundra up there but the truck is so solid i feel like it would take most the votes lol. youre right, there is no need for a 1/2 ton.... but their fun! besides we cant really have a ranger, dakota, s10 poll because ford doesn't even make the ranger in the united states which i belive was bad for buisness.

well I was going to put the toyota Tundra up there but the truck is so solid i feel like it would take most the votes lol. youre right, there is no need for a 1/2 ton.... but their fun! besides we cant really have a ranger, dakota, s10 poll because ford doesn't even make the ranger in the united states which i belive was bad for buisness.
:thumb:
they discontinued the ranger because people chose the f150 over it due to similar mpg numbers and getting more truck with the 1/2 ton, although in foreign markets Ford sells the ranger with a turbo diesel 4 cylinder that gets 55 mpg :shocked: likewise, Isuzu sells Chevy Colorado's with Isuzu diesel engines, again with ridiculous mileage.
We're kinda getting shafted :cry:

they discontinued the ranger because people chose the f150 over it due to similar mpg numbers and getting more truck with the 1/2 ton, although in foreign markets Ford sells the ranger with a turbo diesel 4 cylinder that gets 55 mpg :shocked: likewise, Isuzu sells Chevy Colorado's with Isuzu diesel engines, again with ridiculous mileage.
yeah haha if ford sold rangers with little turbo diesels in the states I have a hard time beliving that they wouldn't make money

yeah haha if ford sold rangers with little turbo diesels in the states I have a hard time beliving that they wouldn't make money
unfortunately big oil has the epa by the balls so they've made it so that they struggle to meet our emissions standards.

Imagine a 1/2 Ton pickup with a 3 or 4 cylinder Diesel engine :thumb:

Imagine a 1/2 Ton pickup with a 3 or 4 cylinder Diesel engine :thumb:

I remember them saying in 2012 they were suppose to make an F150 with the diesel motor in it. That would have been hot. ONLY if Ford let someone else build the motor as their track record with the diesel motor isn't to hot.

Not talking trash I had a 200 F350 with the 7.3 international motor in it. That thing was awesome. The 6 liter tho licked :moon:. And the twin turbo new one isn't much better.

I remember them saying in 2012 they were suppose to make an F150 with the diesel motor in it. That would have been hot. ONLY if Ford let someone else build the motor as their track record with the diesel motor isn't to hot.

Not talking trash I had a 200 F350 with the 7.3 international motor in it. That thing was awesome. The 6 liter tho licked :moon:. And the twin turbo new one isn't much better.

Is it the Isuzu diesel motor that is so reliable? In Europe and Asia I think that is what is run in the "lorries"

the newest one is a single turbo, I haven't heard of any issues with it, the guys I know that have it love it except for the fuel mileage

:finger: Ford .... I waited two years for this new F150 with a Diesel. Finally in 2008 i bought a new f150 with a gas engine. V6 FTMFW! ....Then they promised in 2010...And 2012,... I'm sure there getting close :rollseyes:

HEY! I love my 6.0! Awesome truck, tons of power and it hauls the mail... You can't be a soccoer mom or a wanna be truck owner. That motor needs to work and not sit in traffic. I run the doors off mine, always running always loaded and I change the oil every 10K...

Is it the Isuzu diesel motor that is so reliable? In Europe and Asia I think that is what is run in the "lorries"

My Dad bought an Isuzu diesel P'up back in 1986. He ran the doors off it until about 1997 when he gave it to my uncle. My Uncle was still driving it up until he died last year..... I think my cousin is driving it now. Its only ever needed fuel, tires and oil.