'Merica's toughest truck

What's America's toughest truck?

• Total voters
Us dirt bikers acctualy use our trucks. unlike most men we get mud in/on them, actually need a 4x4, and need them to last becuase we would rather be droppin' dollars in our bikes then in our broken trucks. No foreign trucks allowed just Ford, Chevy, and Dodge. if you were going to buy a 1/2 ton pickup tomorrow (brand new) what would you get?

So how are you defining "foreign." If you go over all the parts that make up a vehicle you may find that so called "foreign" truck have less non US components than a domestic.

If I were buying today I think a F150 would be it. Since my mileage would be low a Ram might work. If I was going to put 15k miles per year then forget the Ram.

So how are you defining "foreign." If you go over all the parts that make up a vehicle you may find that so called "foreign" truck have more non US components than a domestic.

I think you meant to say "a domestic truck might have more foreign parts than a foreign truck"... Otherwise I would hope a foreign truck has more non-domestic parts..... :prof:

If you want a truck for real work then buy a ford, if you want a truck to drive some miles with and a nice ride buy a Chevy..If you want a little of Both buy a dodge...

Lets face it 90% of the people that drive a pick-up truck dont really need them... Thats why they are 60K for a F250 so I can work... Honestly do I need leather and a rear seat dvd player to frame houses?... go buy a cheap little POS Jap/ford chevy do-hickey and run the wheels off of it then go buy another cause the only reason why you need an F350 to ride motorcycles is to pull your 48ft Toyhauler..

If you want a truck for real work then buy a ford, if you want a truck to drive some miles with and ride nice buy a Chevy..If you want a little of Both buy a dodge...

Lets face it 90% of the people that drive a pick-up truck dont really need them... Thats why they are 60K for a F250 so I can work... Honestly do I need leather and a rear seat dvd player to frame houses?... go buy a cheap little POS Jap/ford chevy do-hickey and run the wheels off of it then go buy another cause the only reason why you need an F350 to ride motorcycles is to pull your 48ft Toyhauler..

:prof: WORD

Well we don't need 4wd, and if we want economical that wont break down we will get a 5x10 trailer and a civic :smirk:
I was figuring you might have to becuase when it rains the dirt trails leading around a race track may not be car friendly lol. And its nice to do a little muddin' every once in a while lol. the civic isnt a bad idea :thinking:

So how are you defining "foreign." If you go over all the parts that make up a vehicle you may find that so called "foreign" truck have less non US components than a domestic.

If I were buying today I think a F150 would be it. Since my mileage would be low a Ram might work. If I was going to put 15k miles per year then forget the Ram.
Yeah and its sad how that works :( . What i meant though is American Based companies

Its weird but i'm a chevy guy.

But i've always drove fords because i had to have a work truck and daily driver. If i didn't work out of it it'd be a Chevy.

If you are buying new... Check out that Ecoboost :drool:

Its weird but i'm a chevy guy.

But i've always drove fords because i had to have a work truck and daily driver. If i didn't work out of it it'd be a Chevy.

If you are buying new... Check out that Ecoboost :drool:
Yeah if i ever buy new im going with ford because the company is still private and the government doesnt own it

why no imports? afraid of something that laughs at 200k? Or do you just prefer domestics, nothing wrong with the later, but if its because you feel their inferior than I don't know what to tell you :noidea:
and I agree fully with Mike, if all you're doing is moving a dirt bike, you don't need a 1/2 ton, way way over kill. I have a 1/2 ton because I haul things besides dirt bikes.
I got by for years using an isuzu amigo and a bike trailer for everything.

My vote goes to the ford.