Mechanics of Jumping???

i don't think anyone mentioned : DO NOT GRAB THE FRONT BRAKE IN THE AIR! .... bad things can happen quickly. there are times when it works but that is in the advanced class...

Can you enlighten us?:thumb:

yes more more more!!!

Just give it a go on your next ride and report back with photos of the end result please:prof:

If you stop the wheel rotation in mid air you lose the gyro effect of the wheel and the bike is only half as stable as with both turning. Depending on the attitude of the bike at the time the wheel stops turning it will have a tendency to picth forward or backwards (it also depends on wheather you're on or off the throttle at that moment). The other thing that can end being bad is that when the front whell touchs down it's not moving and must suddenly accelerate to the speed of the bike, or slow the bike down to meet it (think endo).

If you stop the wheel rotation in mid air you lose the gyro effect of the wheel and the bike is only half as stable as with both turning. Depending on the attitude of the bike at the time the wheel stops turning it will have a tendency to picth forward or backwards (it also depends on wheather you're on or off the throttle at that moment). The other thing that can end being bad is that when the front whell touchs down it's not moving and must suddenly accelerate to the speed of the bike, or slow the bike down to meet it (think endo).

yea i will be staying away from any kind of front brake pulling for now.... shit im still doing dead sailors when i am too far pitched some of the time.... ill get it tho... BTW roost for the post.

yea i will be staying away from any kind of front brake pulling for now.... shit im still doing dead sailors when i am too far pitched some of the time.... ill get it tho... BTW roost for the post.

You mean I was right?:shocked:

:smirk::smirk:

sorry guys i should have elaborated on the front wheel thing. if you lock up the front wheel it will send you in to a forward somersalt. the only time i use it is on the on/off at piru. when i bounce off it i squeeze the front brake in the air to get the bike down to the ground asap to make the sharp left 180 after. im still just learning but i experiment sometimes if its safe...

James

Staff member
:clap: i am getting better at this every week i go to the track... thanks all
:thumb: Awesome

One thing though, as you're doing more and more jumps, do you wear a neck brace? If you don't, you should, if not for yourself do it for your kids.:thumb:

I'm not saying that you'll get hurt unless you wear one, I'm just a strong believer in safety gear that works.

:thumb: Awesome

One thing though, as you're doing more and more jumps, do you wear a neck brace? If you don't, you should, if not for yourself do it for your kids.:thumb:

I'm not saying that you'll get hurt unless you wear one, I'm just a strong believer in safety gear that works.

wouldnt mind wearing one but they are expensive and i keep spending my extra cash on other things.... i still dont even have a chest protector

James

Staff member
wouldnt mind wearing one but they are expensive and i keep spending my extra cash on other things.... i still dont even have a chest protector
The prices have become a "little" bit more reasonable.

$285 - Leatt Adventure Neck Brace - Link
$290 - Alpinestars Bionic Neck Support SB - Link
$160 - EVS RC Evolution Neck Brace - Link
:shocked:

I have to have one. I am just that damn slow.
:prof: Plus you like being roosted!

:smirk:

:shocked:

I have to have one. I am just that damn slow.

omg i get roosted and its like a shotgun blast to the chest.

The prices have become a "little" bit more reasonable.

$285 - Leatt Adventure Neck Brace - Link
$290 - Alpinestars Bionic Neck Support SB - Link
$160 - EVS RC Evolution Neck Brace - Link

:prof: Plus you like being roosted!:smirk:

yea its definitely on my list but as of right now with all my medical bills and credit card mishaps from the past(wife:() i got jsut about enough money for 1 item a month... i will get one for the track tho.

Back on task.

Travace is back a bit:rolleyes:, to far? That is debatable.

Reminds me of somebody my son was shooting with the camera on Friday:lol:

161zsxs.jpg

P7020157.jpg

So watch one of the all tine style guys on a 85, note how far back he gets to lift
the front over everything. While I agree "our style" is not the best; it is very effective
in deep woods with rocks, ruts, and tree roots everywhere.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ndfb...4F4B767C&playnext_from=PL&playnext=1&index=32