Meat Lover?

My dad use to work in the beef biz...cattle buyer/seller to be exact. He once worked for a Meat packing company (AKA: slaughter house) in Escondido (Talone's) where I've visited "the killing floor" on several occassions....never once did I see ANY inhumane treatment aside from the required processing of an animal. As with everything the media shows the worst of everything...The news last year showing a forklift driver carrying a sick cow struggling to stand up...how else are you going to move it? These guys have a job to do and do it the best they can with what they've got. It's not a doggie day care where they're required to pamper the animals...:rant:

One of the more important issues he wanted me to be aware of was the changing of job duties...due to the impact of some of the jobs may have on a persons "phsyci" (sp) they rotate frequently...I'll let you figure out what that means...I don't condone (sp?) these actions however is everyone knew everything about everything we'd all be basket cases...What do you think goes on in the back of some restaraunts? I don't think you want to know! I'll get off my soap box...:blah: :blah: :blah: :prof: