Mass leaves!

My daughter moved to Connecticut a couple years ago. :cry:
When I went back for her wedding, I thought that it looked like a great place to ride :thinking:
Doing my research told me that the riding there was kind of limited :naughty:
She lives near Pachaug, but the videos I found looked like jeep roads, beautiful, but not what I was looking for. :rolleyes:

So I put out a "ride share" thread on the orange site about a year ago, hoping to get an excuse to go see my grand daughter :devil:. Not that I need an excuse..... but when a New England riding brother offered his extra bike :banana::banana: tickets were bought and plans were made! He has family in Cali (neighbors with Roger DeCoster!) and now can ride out here, I can ride out there and see that grand baby!

It's a beautiful time of year back there
P1000884.jpg

Don't tell anyone about the quad, shhhh.
P1000934.jpg

Finally,it was time to meet up and :ride:

He said to look for signs
P1000852.jpg

The staging area
P1000830.jpg

My bike for the day, good thing I had matching gear
P1000835.jpg

Of course we rode all legitimate trails
P1000833.jpg

It was often hard to see the trail
P1000843.jpg

Not alot of pictures were taken, others will be saved to protect the innocent
mass.jpg

Found a spot for the quad crowd
P1000846.jpg

And a route marker back to the bar?:shocked:
P1000839.jpg

P1000850.jpg

Lots of rocks, roots, water crossings, mud holes, tight, twisty, tree infested, slippery leaf covered trails, I loved it!:thumb:

Videos at a later date.....

My daughter moved to Connecticut a couple years ago. :cry:
When I went back for her wedding, I thought that it looked like a great place to ride :thinking:
Doing my research told me that the riding there was kind of limited :naughty:
She lives near Pachaug, but the videos I found looked like jeep roads, beautiful, but not what I was looking for. :rolleyes:

So I put out a "ride share" thread on the orange site about a year ago, hoping to get an excuse to go see my grand daughter :devil:. Not that I need an excuse..... but when a New England riding brother offered his extra bike :banana::banana: tickets were bought and plans were made! He has family in Cali (neighbors with Roger DeCoster!) and now can ride out here, I can ride out there and see that grand baby!

It's a beautiful time of year back there
P1000884.jpg

Don't tell anyone about the quad, shhhh.
P1000934.jpg

Finally,it was time to meet up and :ride:

He said to look for signs
P1000852.jpg

The staging area
P1000830.jpg

My bike for the day, good thing I had matching gear
P1000835.jpg

Of course we rode all legitimate trails
P1000833.jpg

It was often hard to see the trail
P1000843.jpg

Not alot of pictures were taken, others will be saved to protect the innocent
mass.jpg

Found a spot for the quad crowd
P1000846.jpg

And a route marker back to the bar?:shocked:
P1000839.jpg

P1000850.jpg

Lots of rocks, roots, water crossings, mud holes, tight, twisty, tree infested, slippery leaf covered trails, I loved it!:thumb:

Videos at a later date.....

Nice! Post the vids! Kinda looks like Ohio with all the leaves! The leaves get so thick they obscure the ruts, roots, water, and rocks! :foul: I've taken regular dirt naps the last 2 weekends!

SRAD97750

Staff member
That looks really sweet back east. Wish I could come up with an excuse to get out there and ride! -BIG DAN:thumb:

..............The leaves get so thick they obscure the ruts, roots, water, and rocks! :foul: I've taken regular dirt naps the last 2 weekends!

Slippery stuff, he said about a month ago was the perfect time without the leaves and drier ground.

I'm confused. Where is the sand, rocks, and joshua trees? :confused:

Me too, no chance to rest, first you hit the rock, over the root, around the tree, through the mud and then do it all over again. 60 miles felt like 100. Concentrated riding. Wait til he comes out here and tries WFO in the desert, it'll be culture shock for him.