South Marines Johnson Valley Final EIS-2000 pages of confusion

Sure thing. They way Tim gets us out there in areas unknown to mankind, we will be the first moving targets the marines have in their sights just to make a point. :naughty:

Sure thing. They way Tim gets us out there in areas unknown to mankind, we will be the first moving targets the marines have in their sights just to make a point. :naughty:

Doesn't he usually ride up front (AKA: POINT in military lingo)..... :devil:

The project is not funded by Congress yet. That is about the only thing that might stop it. The worse the economy... the less like they will get the money. You gotta hope for something from this shit economy.

This isn't over until Congress gives them the money. It could go on for years with this economy. How do you justify bazillions of dollars to expand a training center to learn mass desert stikes... when we are supposedly drawing down troups in the middle east.

They will have to get Congress to slip this in somewhere under the Radar. We will have to be very watchful.

This isn't over until Congress gives them the money. It could go on for years with this economy. How do you justify bazillions of dollars to expand a training center to learn mass desert stikes... when we are supposedly drawing down troups in the middle east.

They will have to get Congress to slip this in somewhere under the Radar. We will have to be very watchful.

We can only hope they delay it for a ong time if not cancel it however, with all the "unrest" in the Middle East I can't believe they will eliminate ALL desert training. Just the pessimist in me..... :noidea: ... :bonk:

The only reason they say they need the land is so they have enough room to run a drill on a 3 pronged land assault the size we have never seen since the world wars... if ever ! It can only be training for a mass attack on Iran. We sure ain't gonna go after the Taliban like that. :noidea:

If the military can bully this money out of congress then we have seen a new shift in govenment policy... again.

The only reason they say they need the land is so they have enough room to run a drill on a 3 pronged land assault the size we have never seen since the world wars... if ever ! It can only be training for a mass attack on Iran. We sure ain't gonna go after the Taliban like that. :noidea:

If the military can bully this money out of congress then we have seen a new shift in govenment policy... again.

I didn't hear the term 3 pronged assault however what I did hear was that the area had to accomodate 15,000+ troops and equipment end to end for an assualt of what you say...

I didn't hear the term 3 pronged assault however what I did hear was that the area had to accomodate 15,000+ troops and equipment end to end for an assualt of what you say...
Three pronged/three batallions, however you say it, we're fauked.

Yeah... they only have enough room for 2 battalions now. There is plenty of room at the Army base... (I think it's Fort Irwin) to accomplish 3 simultaneous battalion strikes. But the Marines could NEVER lower themselves to do their 30 day exercise on Army land... those guys are wussies !

Thats the real joke of it... we lose 200,000 acres for a 30 day exercise with a 30 day setup/cleanup. And IF they let us in for 10 months... it's only 38k of the 200k acres we get to play on. CRAZY !

Sounds like the Marines just wanna float a bigger budget to avoid getting smaller.