All LPNF ride hosted by Mr. Geek and Mr. Rack--Oct. 22, 2011

I had my nightmare tire trip. I would post a link to the ride report, but it's at that other site.:devil: My tires looked new, but replacing 2 tires, on the road, 1 at a time, costeded me over $900. I will live by the 5 year rule from now on.:prof:

:shocked: ... let's see ... I had a blow out last T'day weekend on the way to the rez ... I bought the trailer in 05, it's 11 now ... :foul: I'm due for new rubber ... and it's costing me some squish just to get the trailer back in shape .. :cry:

:shocked: ... let's see ... I had a blow out last T'day weekend on the way to the rez ... I bought the trailer in 05, it's 11 now ... :foul: I'm due for new rubber ... and it's costing me some squish just to get the trailer back in shape .. :cry:

It'll cost you a whole lot more if you have a tire come apart on the road. :prof:

It is not the fact that you get a flat. It is usually the fact that the tire's tread separates from the carcass of the tire, usually whipping around like a gigantic weed whipper and taking out lines, sheet metal, fiberglass and anything else it it's path. :shocked: This is usually caused by old age and the elmers glue that they use does not stick together anymore. So besides having to buy new tires, you are now forced to repair all the damage which is a real pisser in my book. Replace tires even if they look good and are 5 or 6 years old and save yourself the additional headaches.

Wouldn't mind getting some of that homemade stuff. Have had some and it is good.:banana:

My old boss at the car selling gig is heavy into nascar (pitting for the Busch/Truck series) and knows a lot of "good ol' boys" from Carolina...he took me to the California track to set up his trailer and drop off a car for a team member to use for the weekend. The team manager is an old fart who always brings "some "hooch...:devil:..." with him when he comes out...he crawled into one of his storage compartments and started pulling out a bunch of Junior Johnson smoked ham boxes and handed me one and said, here take your pick..there were about 10 mason jars of different "flavored" shine in there...we tasted most of them ... :banana: then ...:crazy:then ...:panic: then :faint:not quite but close....:thumb:

Not packed, just got home, feeling shitty, early rise to load, pack, drive, eat, drive, unpack, ride, pack, drive, eat, drive, die.....Shit..I just gotta go to bed so I can get at least 5 hours of sleep.

Well the day is here. We shall see what the casualty report will be. And lest not forget the scratches on Rez's pretty new bike.:smirk::P Just dropping the boys of at the pool, getting ready to shower and thinking about the day's festivities.:shocked::devil::thumb::banana: