Looks like the milling machine is coming out to play'

Hey buddy nice to meet you

I got the bottom end from damagedgoodsglobal CA. - at least they lived up to there name right?? Haha.
They are being good about it though and agreed to put funds towards the repair. Just need to choose my route really. Getting it milled would put me at rest but is a pain

Jim
Hi Jim, Merry new year buddy! Yup I used DGG for the swing arm for my 89 cr250 resto! It was good, at a decent price and came with a far better linkage than I had here so didn't have to get back to them about anything just a good straight forward deal! Yeah that's good they're happy to help but a pain in the arse not wanting to return it with customs and shipping already paid out for! I feel your pain man!

Not much in the way of 96 250 engine spares on eBay over here eh?
I honestly would give the quick steel a go and get a couple of months riding in and rebuild it in the late spring but you might have to create a small bed or hole for it to bite on to, and as ossagp said a bit of spray and wax paper should see you riding ASAP, or do the mill now while the weathers crap and enjoy the bike all year!
Good luck whichever way you go

As in salvage if i am not mistaken.

Can't get anything past the old guys. :smirk:

Someone who sells parts bro

Someone who sales reconditioned and new parts in a store/warehouse is a parts man AKA jobber parts. Someone who sales used parts from a junk/salvage yard is just a salvaged parts salesman. We also have what is called Pick your part junk/salvage yards, where you pull your own parts off. That makes anyone a mechanic. :lol::lol::lol:

Can't get anything past the old guys. :smirk:

Someone who sales reconditioned and new parts in a store/warehouse is a parts man AKA jobber parts. Someone who sales used parts from a junk/salvage yard is just a salvaged parts salesman. We also have what is called Pick your part junk/salvage yards, where you pull your own parts off. That makes anyone a mechanic. :lol::lol::lol:

I have a young friend up in Chico who does lots of her own mechanical work. She asked if I wanted to go to a pick and pull with her. I was disappointed, but tried not to show it.

I have a young friend up in Chico who does lots of her own mechanical work. She asked if I wanted to go to a pick and pull with her. I was disappointed, but tried not to show it.
Sometimes you win sometimes you lose, but finding that elusive gem more than makes up for the lost days!

Hi Jim, Merry new year buddy! Yup I used DGG for the swing arm for my 89 cr250 resto! It was good, at a decent price and came with a far better linkage than I had here so didn't have to get back to them about anything just a good straight forward deal! Yeah that's good they're happy to help but a pain in the arse not wanting to return it with customs and shipping already paid out for! I feel your pain man!

Not much in the way of 96 250 engine spares on eBay over here eh?
I honestly would give the quick steel a go and get a couple of months riding in and rebuild it in the late spring but you might have to create a small bed or hole for it to bite on to, and as ossagp said a bit of spray and wax paper should see you riding ASAP, or do the mill now while the weathers crap and enjoy the bike all year!
Good luck whichever way you go

I went to the shop today to speak about my CR and they said they can Mill it no problem, the best bit was they don't need to take every single bearing out or the gearbox!

They are going to take a bit off then said 2 gaskets should be just right, the crank still needs to come out and the casings split but its way better then taking every single bit out. Cant wait!