Looks like it's outlaw rides from now on

Ya Nor Cal does have some nice woods riding and ST. And there is also plenty of Gnarly in the desert Mts. too. Im sure your neck of the woods Buck is a real ass kicker no doubt. and I know it must be so awesome! Someone needs to take a trip out there to ride with you and do a ride report. I cant afford that trip:cry: Heck, you need to do some more reports for us to see Buck:D We enjoy them.

A lot of the desert does look a lot a like. But there are a lot of very cool and special things about the desert that you dont always see in ride reports. Like the smell of the desert after a rain. Or like sitting on top of a Mt. that you worked hard to get to the top of, then taking in a view of vast land that goes for as far as your eyes can see. Open space, wide open skies, wide open throttle, it can be so sweet!!! The sunrises and sunsets. Honestly any ride in any place mother nature has made is good to me! But sitting on a Mt top in the desert is special and can almost feel spiritual like. Especially if your alone. It's all good. Anywhere Mother Nature has blessed and we get to ride is good! :hail:

Good RR Timo. It seems like there are a lot of tortoise sightings this year. Also, good looking kid you have there :thumb: even with the permagoggle mark. He looks happy to be out there with his Dad. Keep up those Father and Son rides. That's awesome! Not sure I'd be tagging :devil:with him after your ordeal, but to each his own.

another great RR Timo :thumb: I wish I could ride as much as you do. Damn this year has sucked for riding. When its not raining take that back storming I have other things to do, when I do plan a ride if flipping storms.

Good times :thumb:

You know it! :thumb:

now this thread has a theme song as well.
i know the feeling of this tho... not with motorcycles but when i rode BMX we had some really nice dirt jump trails that we spent everyday at, pros would come ride it and it was not hurtin anyone on the base of a mt where there was nothing anyway. Then they bulldozed our trails and never built apartments or anything there. Thats when we hit the streets and started getting good at riding street.... which is pretty much always outlaw riding with the stuff that we were doing.....

nothing like .gov turning you into a criminal :/

thanks for sharing all the pics tho

I dig that song Trav, and it's too bad that's what it has to be, but we aren't hurting anything. Those trails have been there forever, with plenty of Dez around it. Hell no, I won't go.

What? Only one red M&M? Oh well, at least you didn't any of those green and yellow ones. :thumb:

Yeah, I don't know how that one got in there.:smirk:

Sounds like another good riding day.:thumb: Thanks for sharing.

Maybe some day we'll ride together.:noidea:

Dude that looks like an awesome ride :cheers: Nice RR

Thanks Dog. :busted:

Solid report. Super good trail shots.
Sad to see the plant life taking precedence. Ride Pirate. -BIG DAN:thumb:

You da man Big Dan! :thumb:

Nice ride report! :ride: You had fun! :banana:

From an eastern boy perspective, all the Cali desert riders RR's kinda look the same! The terrain, the trails, the challenging sections....they are all same-same!

And from a So Cal Dez guy, all your trees look the same, and the little tree riding I've done out here, I'm not much impressed.

No trees, no greenery, no water, no mud, nothing but desert!

And I love it. :thumb:

I've rode the desert and it is cool, but coming from an eastern woods heritage, there is very little challenge in comparison!

I doubt the Dez you rode, was very difficult at all. :noidea:

You need to come out to the eastern woods and let me give you a nice ride out here! I've done your place, you should come out and do mine!

I'd love to some day.

I've got an extra bike for someone who has the stones! No Charge! :smirk:

It's not one of those XR's is it.:smirk:

I'm open at anytime of the year and I have a free place for you to stay! :thumb:

It's in print now, I'll hold you to it someday. :hail:

Sweet report AGAIN Tim. Nice sticker placement to. I was reading up on the F-ing weed and we owe it all again to the Center of Bio Diversity. Fucking Fuckers have nothing better to do with grant money than to sue the government that gives it to them.

I think I should be given a key, to patrol the area, to make sure the WEED is ok. :cheers:

Really? I think you were giving the wrong tour Buck.

I'm sure between the 2 of us, we could show him something.:smirk:

i agree... there is some crazy ass stuff out in the dez..... buck does have a point with most pics posted tho. a lot of the time they do look the same.... a lot of those times they are the same as well :P

That's what I love about the Dez, the crazy crap you find out there.

Why is all the RRs from the western states?

Because the East side are filled with slackers. :prof:

Youz guyz over there, don't do pics cuz you don't wanna stop and pull out da cameraz.

Looks like fun!:ride:

Thanks BK. :cheers:

Nice report. I can't think of a better way to spend Father's Day than out riding with your son. :thumb:
Btw, there's no need to go back east to experience different terrain. NorCal has got plenty of s/t woods trails for your riding pleasure.

There 'is just too much world to ride in a lifetime. :ride:

Ya Nor Cal does have some nice woods riding and ST. And there is also plenty of Gnarly in the desert Mts. too. Im sure your neck of the woods Buck is a real ass kicker no doubt. and I know it must be so awesome! Someone needs to take a trip out there to ride with you and do a ride report. I cant afford that trip:cry: Heck, you need to do some more reports for us to see Buck:D We enjoy them.

A lot of the desert does look a lot a like. But there are a lot of very cool and special things about the desert that you dont always see in ride reports. Like the smell of the desert after a rain. Or like sitting on top of a Mt. that you worked hard to get to the top of, then taking in a view of vast land that goes for as far as your eyes can see. Open space, wide open skies, wide open throttle, it can be so sweet!!! The sunrises and sunsets. Honestly any ride in any place mother nature has made is good to me! But sitting on a Mt top in the desert is special and can almost feel spiritual like. Especially if your alone. It's all good. Anywhere Mother Nature has blessed and we get to ride is good! :hail:

You said that beautifully. :hail:

Good RR Timo. It seems like there are a lot of tortoise sightings this year. Also, good looking kid you have there :thumb: even with the permagoggle mark. He looks happy to be out there with his Dad. Keep up those Father and Son rides. That's awesome!

Thank you Sun, I've been blessed with 2 outstandingly excellent kids.:thumb:

Not sure I'd be tagging :devil:with him after your ordeal, but to each his own.

We've learned our lesson, from now on, it's tag by bike for the quick get away. :devil:

Thanks for reading, Roost to all that I can :hail:

With my favorite area closing tomorrow because of the milkvetch plant, temps were mild again for the weekend, so my Son and I headed out for one more ride.:ride: We still hadn't found Tonka Town, and with it being in the middle of the affected milkvetch area, we figured we would canvas that area and see what turned up.

We were on the road about 5:30, which put us too early for the original breakfast plans.
View attachment 3684

The change of plans.
View attachment 3685

On the bikes at 7:30. :thumb:
View attachment 3683

We weren't even on the bikes 10 minutes and we came across this guy.
View attachment 3666

We had a general idea where Tonka Town was, so this is what we rode.
View attachment 3667

And this.
View attachment 3670

And this.
View attachment 3675

After 50 miles of the same 5 miles of trailes, we went back to the truck for some grub.

Goggle marks on Sawyers face, I got a good laugh, not sure if it will show up on the picture.
View attachment 3671

This is some good jerky, too hot for Butthead though.
View attachment 3672

We then switched to M&Ms. I like how the blus were the dominant color. :banana:
View attachment 3673

Blue M&Ms on a Frito.:thumb:
View attachment 3674

Back on the bikes, we came across this tank.
View attachment 3681

It was begging for a DBA sticker.
View attachment 3682

We hit the hills, and wash for a while, and I got to watch Sawyer take a nap. I was just a little late, as he is just getting the bike back up.
View attachment 3678

It was a pretty gnarly little sandy step up, but it was the end that caught him.
View attachment 3679

Once he started bouncing off the rocks, he was done.
View attachment 3680

Back out on the flats, it was more of this.
View attachment 3668
View attachment 3676

We ended the day with finding another tortoise.
View attachment 3669

We never did find Tonka Town, I think we rode buy it about 8 times, but it must be just far enough off the trail, where it's pretty hard to see. I will be back, I feel a urge to find the freakin place, now I'll just have to ride the area outlaw style. All in all, it was another great day of riding with the Boy, not too bad of a Fathers Day at all.:thumb:

As it should be...:thumb:...nice RR......is the MilkWeed plant a relative to the CumQuat tree??? :shocked:

No challenge, how about a little slide I know about:devil::rolleyes: or a little ride with THE TOUR GUIDE, Mr. Rack?:banana::banana:

And my quote too, :devil: and sorry to say the slide wouldn't make my list. :prof:

I'm sure between the 2 of us,(CDA and myself) we could show him something.:smirk:

another great RR Timo :thumb: I wish I could ride as much as you do. Damn this year has sucked for riding. When its not raining take that back storming I have other things to do, when I do plan a ride if flipping storms.

I can't afford it, but circumstances what they are, last of the cool weather Dez, closing my favorite area, and the bikes were ready to go, and my Son wanted to g how could I say no.:noidea:

Nice ride report! :ride: You had fun! :banana:

From an eastern boy perspective, all the Cali desert riders RR's kinda look the same! The terrain, the trails, the challenging sections....they are all same-same!

No trees, no greenery, no water, no mud, nothing but desert!

I've rode the desert and it is cool, but coming from an eastern woods heritage, there is very little challenge in comparison!

You need to come out to the eastern woods and let me give you a nice ride out here! I've done your place, you should come out and do mine!

I've got an extra bike for someone who has the stones! No Charge! :smirk:

I'm open at anytime of the year and I have a free place for you to stay! :thumb:

You are exactly correct with what you say Buck...there IS no comparison...desert vs woods...the names say it all...Hauling ass (3rd maybe...Rack, anything on this???) through a stand of trees takes major cajones BUT so does 5th/6th (dependign on the brand/size of ride) over whoops and rocks....:ride:

Tim, you need to teach Rez the art of multi quote! :smirk: I am to lazy so I will quote like this \/ \/ \/

Buck, I take it your invite is for all that are DBA'rs. It is etched on the web now dude. Whats the address? :devil:

Sun, you did say that sweet! Girls just have a better way with words. :banana:

Tim, you need to teach Rez the art of multi quote! :smirk: I am to lazy so I will quote like this \/ \/ \/...Buck, I take it your invite is for all that are DBA'rs. It is etched on the web now dude. Whats the address? :devil: Sun, you did say that sweet! Girls just have a better way with words. :banana:

you're lucky you're a Husky guy (no pun in tended) or I'd give you ione of these....................:finger:...they did teach me, I thought I had it down, but.....................NOT! ""Multi-FAIL""

I'd be afraid of the evenings meal......:shocked:...road kill marinated in septic juice with just a hint of poison ivy...:naughty:

So how are they going to patrol this area to keep riders out? I am all for the outlaw style riding if there is a good escape route that can be a 6th gear trail. :ride: Do they plan on fencing it and what about the surrounding areas, are they still accessible? :thinking:

As it should be...:thumb:...nice RR......is the MilkWeed plant a relative to the CumQuat tree??? :shocked:

:lol: You said Cumquat.:smirk:

Tim, you need to teach Rez the art of multi quote! :smirk: I am to lazy so I will quote like this \/ \/ \/

Buck, I take it your invite is for all that are DBA'rs. It is etched on the web now dude. Whats the address? :devil:

Sun, you did say that sweet! Girls just have a better way with words. :banana:

I've given up trying to teach him, it's almost the same as preaching to Sudu.:noidea:

So how are they going to patrol this area to keep riders out? I am all for the outlaw style riding if there is a good escape route that can be a 6th gear trail. :ride: Do they plan on fencing it and what about the surrounding areas, are they still accessible? :thinking:

Straight out Coolgardie towards Harper is my plan. It would be a long ride in, but if the plan is to infiltrate the closed area, staging far away would be a good idea.:prof: Also, no stakes, posta or signs yet, but we'll see whats there next season.

You know it! :thumb:

I dig that song Trav, and it's too bad that's what it has to be, but we aren't hurting anything. Those trails have been there forever, with plenty of Dez around it. Hell no, I won't go.

Yeah, I don't know how that one got in there.:smirk:

Maybe some day we'll ride together.:noidea:

Thanks Dog. :busted:

You da man Big Dan! :thumb:

And from a So Cal Dez guy, all your trees look the same, and the little tree riding I've done out here, I'm not much impressed.

And I love it. :thumb:

I doubt the Dez you rode, was very difficult at all. :noidea:

I'd love to some day.

It's not one of those XR's is it.:smirk:

It's in print now, I'll hold you to it someday. :hail:

I think I should be given a key, to patrol the area, to make sure the WEED is ok. :cheers:

I'm sure between the 2 of us, we could show him something.:smirk:

That's what I love about the Dez, the crazy crap you find out there.

Because the East side are filled with slackers. :prof:

Youz guyz over there, don't do pics cuz you don't wanna stop and pull out da cameraz.

Thanks BK. :cheers:

There 'is just too much world to ride in a lifetime. :ride:

You said that beautifully. :hail:

Thank you Sun, I've been blessed with 2 outstandingly excellent kids.:thumb:

We've learned our lesson, from now on, it's tag by bike for the quick get away. :devil:

Thanks for reading, Roost to all that I can :hail:

Timoyz, the multi quote KING!!!!!! :USA: