Looks like it's outlaw rides from now on

With my favorite area closing tomorrow because of the milkvetch plant, temps were mild again for the weekend, so my Son and I headed out for one more ride.:ride: We still hadn't found Tonka Town, and with it being in the middle of the affected milkvetch area, we figured we would canvas that area and see what turned up.

We were on the road about 5:30, which put us too early for the original breakfast plans.
TTA.jpg

The change of plans.
TTB.jpg

On the bikes at 7:30. :thumb:
TTC.jpg

We weren't even on the bikes 10 minutes and we came across this guy.
CCD.jpg

We had a general idea where Tonka Town was, so this is what we rode.
CCE.jpg

And this.
CCH.jpg

And this.
CCM.jpg

After 50 miles of the same 5 miles of trailes, we went back to the truck for some grub.

Goggle marks on Sawyers face, I got a good laugh, not sure if it will show up on the picture.
CCI.jpg

This is some good jerky, too hot for Butthead though.
CCJ.jpg

We then switched to M&Ms. I like how the blus were the dominant color. :banana:
CCK.jpg

Blue M&Ms on a Frito.:thumb:
CCL.jpg

Back on the bikes, we came across this tank.
CCS.jpg

It was begging for a DBA sticker.
CCT.jpg

We hit the hills, and wash for a while, and I got to watch Sawyer take a nap. I was just a little late, as he is just getting the bike back up.
CCP.jpg

It was a pretty gnarly little sandy step up, but it was the end that caught him.
CCQ.jpg

Once he started bouncing off the rocks, he was done.
CCR.jpg

Back out on the flats, it was more of this.
CCF.jpg
CCN.jpg

We ended the day with finding another tortoise.
CCG.jpg

We never did find Tonka Town, I think we rode buy it about 8 times, but it must be just far enough off the trail, where it's pretty hard to see. I will be back, I feel a urge to find the freakin place, now I'll just have to ride the area outlaw style. All in all, it was another great day of riding with the Boy, not too bad of a Fathers Day at all.:thumb:

Attachments

• CCO.jpg
    CCO.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 108

now this thread has a theme song as well. :thumb:

i know the feeling of this tho... not with motorcycles but when i rode BMX we had some really nice dirt jump trails that we spent everyday at, pros would come ride it and it was not hurtin anyone on the base of a mt where there was nothing anyway. Then they bulldozed our trails and never built apartments or anything there. Thats when we hit the streets and started getting good at riding street.... which is pretty much always outlaw riding with the stuff that we were doing.....

nothing like .gov turning you into a criminal :/

thanks for sharing all the pics tho

Nice ride report! :ride: You had fun! :banana:

From an eastern boy perspective, all the Cali desert riders RR's kinda look the same! The terrain, the trails, the challenging sections....they are all same-same!

No trees, no greenery, no water, no mud, nothing but desert!

I've rode the desert and it is cool, but coming from an eastern woods heritage, there is very little challenge in comparison!

You need to come out to the eastern woods and let me give you a nice ride out here! I've done your place, you should come out and do mine!

I've got an extra bike for someone who has the stones! No Charge! :smirk:

I'm open at anytime of the year and I have a free place for you to stay! :thumb:

Sweet report AGAIN Tim. Nice sticker placement to. I was reading up on the F-ing weed and we owe it all again to the Center of Bio Diversity. Fucking Fuckers have nothing better to do with grant money than to sue the government that gives it to them.

Nice ride report! :ride: You had fun! :banana:

From an eastern boy perspective, all the Cali desert riders RR's kinda look the same! The terrain, the trails, the challenging sections....they are all same-same!

No trees, no greenery, no water, no mud, nothing but desert!

I've rode the desert and it is cool, but coming from an eastern woods heritage, there is very little challenge in comparison!

You need to come out to the eastern woods and let me give you a nice ride out here! I've done your place, you should come out and do mine!

I've got an extra bike for someone who has the stones! No Charge! :smirk:

I'm open at anytime of the year and I have a free place for you to stay! :thumb:
Really? I think you were giving the wrong tour Buck.

Really? I think you were giving the wrong tour Buck.
i agree... there is some crazy ass stuff out in the dez..... buck does have a point with most pics posted tho. a lot of the time they do look the same.... a lot of those times they are the same as well :P

i agree... there is some crazy ass stuff out in the dez..... buck does have a point with most pics posted tho. a lot of the time they do look the same.... a lot of those times they are the same as well :P
Why is all the RRs from the western states?