Longer Wheel Base

James

Staff member
That's why you race and I don't.......................:banana:.....then the other reason falls into place! :prof:...Winner by a nose! :thumb:
I'm confused by this, are you saying that you'll cross the checkered quicker because your bike's longer? :smirk:

I'm running 13/52 on one bike and 14/47 on another. 13/52 is a tractor! Top speed: 55mph wound out! That is the bike for running up and down deep steep wooded slick hollows with no run up into the same steep uphill! 14/47 is when I want to put on some miles on varied terrain! I think there are 4 links between the two bikes, give or take!

WOW!! You have two bikes!! What the heck are you doing out there brewing and selling moonshine!!:thinking: You Easterners sure have it made :smirk::P:hug:

I'm confused by this, are you saying that you'll cross the checkered quicker because your bike's longer? :smirk:

Of course.........................................................................................................................winner! :moon:

James

Staff member
Of course.........................................................................................................................winner! :moon:
:thinking: So you're telling me that if I make my bike longer I'll make it to the finish line faster? Kind sir please describe (in detail) have that's possible, because last I checked your front wheel will cross at the same time no matter the bike length. :smirk:

:thinking: So you're telling me that if I make my bike longer I'll make it to the finish line faster? Kind sir please describe (in detail) have that's possible, because last I checked your front wheel will cross at the same time no matter the bike length. :smirk:

It'll get around the track "sooner" because it's loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooonger :prof: as N'edge would say....Your Welcome!

:lol: Your "logic" escapes me, but if you say so......:smirk:

I honestly think their reasoning for it IS for better stability...the longer the wheelbase the more stable the bike would be...I don't however see how 2" would do anything...If you've ever seen a hillclimb bike they've extended the swing arm several inches to help keep the front end down and trackable through/over the whooops. :prof: Take it from me, I AM an expert........:smirk:

James

Staff member
I honestly think their reasoning for it IS for better stability...the longer the wheelbase the more stable the bike would be...I don't however see how 2" would do anything...If you've ever seen a hillclimb bike they've extended the swing arm several inches to help keep the front end down and trackable through/over the whooops. :prof: Take it from me, I AM an expert........:smirk:
:thumb: That's also how I understand it.