Lens color

Clear at night and low visibility. I like iridium lenses for the sunny desert days, but right now I am running a dark smoke lens.

CDA speaks gospel on the iridium smoke! I ski a lot, and the UV off snow is intense! At night, I use a UV corrected yellow lens since it shows the terrain changes in the man made light better! :thumb:

For riding, it's hard to put a $120 pair of Oakley ski goggles thru mud. So, honestly, I use Smith clear goggles most always! But I don't ski in the desert, and I don't ride snow in the mountains!

I will say that yellow tinted iridium lenses rock in most situations. You just have to protect them, as they are expensive! ($40 a pop!)

Clear at night and tinted for day all day adventures. Tinted works well when you go riding after school or work and have to ride back to the truck in the sun.. do that with clear and my eyes will bleed.:smirk:

You don't understand! The Iridium lenses take the shock off your eyes! I don't care if you are skiing mountains or riding in the desert! I'm not rich enough to buy both, but they work! If you can keep your high dollar lenses clean, then invest is a good pair of Oakley's!

I use the Scott Desert Xi's that tint dark in the sun and go clear as light fades.

I like the light sensitive as well, except I find that they only last a few months, then become just a clear lens, Also I find distortion in about half of the ones I buy. Blue chrome is cool, but scratches real easy. So amp rose it is, and clear in the back up goggles for dusk / dark.
On a related note, who uses Roko Quick Straps? I love them, can't see ever going back to regular goggle straps.

I also like the light sensitive lens. Been using the Scott's. Not sure if anyone else has them. I find no need for any other lens tint with these.

My gf bought be some Scott Recoil Sand and Dust Pro googles for xmas, they were supposed to have the light sensitive lenses. They did not.
I guess the supplier for Scott was having issues with a consistent product...probably what Agent2 is talking about. So they are working on that.
My gf got over charged for my googles by the shop so they (Scott) are sending me two sets of lens Rose and Grey. Looking forward to trying the Rose.

Its dark and dreary here most of the time so I use this, it gives everything a kinda yellowish tint, kinda strange, but works very well!

lens_color_43_motoC.jpg

Smith sensor mirror
"Performance based lens tint with a multi-layer mirror maximizes color definition, increases depth perception, and intensifies light in any condition – excellent in flat and low light conditions. 100% protection from harmful UVA/B/C rays."

I like the light sensitive as well, except I find that they only last a few months, then become just a clear lens, Also I find distortion in about half of the ones I buy. Blue chrome is cool, but scratches real easy. So amp rose it is, and clear in the back up goggles for dusk / dark.
On a related note, who uses Roko Quick Straps? I love them, can't see ever going back to regular goggle straps.
Haven't had those problems fortunately. But I couldn't agree with you more on the quick straps. Have used them for a few years now and love them.:thumb:

Clear at night and low visibility. I like iridium lenses for the sunny desert days, but right now I am running a dark smoke lens.

You don't understand! The Iridium lenses take the shock off your eyes! I don't care if you are skiing mountains or riding in the desert! I'm not rich enough to buy both, but they work! If you can keep your high dollar lenses clean, then invest is a good pair of Oakley's!

Don't recall what model they are but they're Oakley's with the polarized smoked/mirror lens...wear them al the time except at night. Don't ride much at night, if I do I have a back up pair of Scotts with clear.

when i rode i always just wore a pair of sunglasses, because i couldnt find a pair of goggles that would fit over my normal glasses

o_minute2_blu_gld_08.jpg

A pair of these with prescription lenses

I bust these out when MTBing. Smoke during the day and then switch out the lens for the yellow at night. I wear contacts, so I do not have goggle issue, but when MTBing and not wearing glasses, I use to get those little nats in my eye and under the contact lens. That fargin hurts...:prof:

livestrong-jawbone-oakley-lance-armstrong-sunglasses.jpg

Haven't had those problems fortunately. But I couldn't agree with you more on the quick straps. Have used them for a few years now and love them.:thumb:

Well, that's cuz you are a lucky SOB, or just an SOB, not sure. :wave: Next time you pull the light sensitive lens out of the goggle frame, you will notice the lens is darker where it was shaded from the sun. It's so gradual, you don't notice it until you put in a new lens.
This thread got me thinking about getting some new lenses, looking in the RMATV catalog, I see a "Gradient Grey" lens from Scott, darker on the top of the lens, lighter on the bottom. Guessing this is new, don't remember seeing that style before, unless the Alzheimers is acting up. Might give them a try.