Learning my 2 stroke!!!

That's a heck of a first bike! I have a yz250 that I'm parting out so let me know if you need anything. I still have 70% of it left. Good luck on the rebuild!

Me and Dan installed my new top end kit yesterday! Today I finished up the easy stuff but man having to tighten up the screws on carb joint where the reeds connect to was a pain due to limited space! I took off the gas tank and pipe but it was a pain. Luckily I found a small allen wrench to squeeze in there and was able to tighten up everything nicely with out completely pulling on the carb. After that, I filled her up with new coolant. Put on and tightened the clamps and I reconnected the gas tank. Turn the fuel on, pulled the choke up, gave it a slow pre-kick to take the slack out than................braaapppppppp...........FIRST KICK start! :thumb:

Now for the break in. I know there are countless ways all praised by people to break in a fresh top end. From everything I read this is what I'm doing. Just started the bike twenty minutes ago for the first time after the new top end. Let it idle for appx. 5 minutes and now its cooling down. Gunna start it up and let it idle for another few minutes. Let it cool down, start up for 10 min. Turn off and let it cool. Than hopefully go ride it for a few minutes on my street at 1/4-1/2 throttle. Then hopefully go on a weekday ride this upcoming thursday to El Mirage to break it in on a slow ride. What you guys think???