Learning my 2 stroke!!!

SRAD97750

Staff member
Single track? There's no single track in socal! :devil:

Next wednesday, 8AM. Where would you say your skills are?
You confident on hillclimbs? Downhills? Fast fireroading? singletrack? heavy bushes? technical rock climbing?

I work next wednesday morning :banghead: Thursday or friday's I don't work though. I would say I'm an intermediate rider. I can keep a decent pace and have done just about every hill climb I'm attempted at El Mirage, Johnson valley and any other local place I have ridden. Downhills are harder than uphills, but if can go up it, I can usually go down it. On fire roads I can keep a good pace too but I'm not speed demon thats for sure. Never down single track though, always wanted to try as long as there aren't cliffs on the sides cause with my luck I'll end up tipping :smirk: . And never tried any technical rock climbing. Done some rock gardens before and I liked them. I'm not a fan of do or die type riding as riding. Riding outside limits usually results in accidents but I do enjoy a nice challenge!

Alright haven't ridden in a couple weeks but I have been making some changes to my bike. I finally got around to purchasing a kickstand. I went with a Promoto billet kickstand. Great quality. Only down side was that because it bolted on to the frame, it did not fit with my Works Connection frame guard. Sooooo instead of just removing the left side frame guard completely, I made a minor adjustment.

IMAG0166.jpgIMAG0168-1.jpgIMAG0169.jpgIMAG0167.jpg

You can't see it from a picture but I also got around to purchasing and installing a Steahly Flywheel weight! So far I have only rode my bike up and down the street. But with the help of the FMF Gnarly pipe, Vforce reeds and now this Steahly flywheel weight, the power comes on SO SMOOTH now. I should have done it along time ago! I can't wait to try it out on a real ride. Let's get riding guys!!!

Oh and last but not least, I would like to add an hour meter to keep track of maintenance. So far I just have the break in ride on the engine (less than an hour) so I figure now is good time to add it on before I put on any real time on the new top end. Any recommendations on which kind to add? Preferably something easy to install.

Bike is looking good. :thumb: One thing I can't figure out is why anyone want to tame the hit on a bike? :noidea: I mean if I wanted to ride a bike that didn't fell like it was going to rip my arms off when I cracked the throttle, I would just own a 4 poke :stirthepot: :smirk:

Bike is looking good. :thumb: One thing I can't figure out is why anyone want to tame the hit on a bike? :noidea: I mean if I wanted to ride a bike that didn't fell like it was going to rip my arms off when I cracked the throttle, I would just own a 4 poke :stirthepot: :smirk:
Thanks! And its not that I want to tame the hit cause the power can snap on at the twist of the throttle. I too love that 2 stroke feel. The ffw will just allow me to get better control on wheel spin in tight stuff and to ride at low rpms with out stalling and use my clutch.

Thanks! And its not that I want to tame the hit cause the power can snap on at the twist of the throttle. I too love that 2 stroke feel. The ffw will just allow me to get better control on wheel spin in tight stuff and to ride at low rpms with out stalling and use my clutch.

Your just scared. lol I never have to use my clutch when riding at low rpms. The only time I require using or working my clutch is on a up hill. But its no big deal. It makes it more fun. I don't see the point of "taming" the kick either. Just buy a four stroke if you don't like the 2 stroke feel. I would be upset if I lost my power hit. That's why I got a 2 stroke. Well partly the reason. lol

Your just scared. lol I never have to use my clutch when riding at low rpms. The only time I require using or working my clutch is on a up hill. But its no big deal. It makes it more fun. I don't see the point of "taming" the kick either. Just buy a four stroke if you don't like the 2 stroke feel. I would be upset if I lost my power hit. That's why I got a 2 stroke. Well partly the reason. lol
Scared??? Hahaha coming from a guy who has had me ride your bike up hills you couldn't do :P no matter what mods I do to the bike its still a 2 stroke and always will be. Still has a pipe and powerband and cause it doesn't "feel" like your "power hit" doesn't mean anything. Bikes are about customizeing them to your like. It's a free country we arent forced to ride stock bikes :P

Scared??? Hahaha coming from a guy who has had me ride your bike up hills you couldn't do :P no matter what mods I do to the bike its still a 2 stroke and always will be. Still has a pipe and powerband and cause it doesn't "feel" like your "power hit" doesn't mean anything. Bikes are about customizeing them to your like. It's a free country we arent forced to ride stock bikes :P

It's funny you mention that. That was my first time ever riding a dirt bike. And I learned on a YZ250. Heck, I've still only had my bike for less than a year and been riding a handful of times. And your tried taking us up rock hills to make yourself look good. Real tough. And you ended up losing control and flipping the bike.:lol: And your right, people like to customize they're bike to their liking, and if you want to customize yours to feel more like a 4 stroke because your secretly scared of the 2 stroke feel and power hit. We don't judge. :P

James

Staff member
Oh and last but not least, I would like to add an hour meter.....Any recommendations on which kind to add? Preferably something easy to install.
I plan on getting this Works Connection hour/tach meter for my 08. :thumb:
http://www.motosport.com/dirtbike/WORKS-CONNECTION-HOURTACH-METER-MOUNT-KIT
Your just scared. lol

Scared??? Hahaha coming from a guy who has had me ride your bike up hills you couldn't do :P
You guys are brothers right? :lol: