Late model Dodge RAM with the CUMMINS Diesel

530 the F450 is definitely a power house and will pull your house off the foundation. However its really not that economical for much of anything except pulling big ass trailers. Unless youve got money falling out of your ass. In which case Id like to become your new best friend.

I am always thinking about getting another truck, diesel to be exact, and this has been very informative as all I have ever heard is that the newer Fords suck. I personally would lean towards the GM version with the Isuzu powerplant and Allison tranny. I did just see a new Ford F450 pulling a gigantic 5th wheel up in the Sierra's and it was very nice. So do you have any new thoughts on this Rez? :thinking:

Hey 530... I'm always thinking of what I want however financial direction has changed for the moment. I was letting the muy miles convince me I needed a new truck. I've never had a truck for this long (years) let alone miles (104k+).

Getting back to which truck/brand "I" would prefer... I don't drive for the brand, I drive what suits me best... I like the Allison tranny option on the GM's however, like with the Dodges the motors strong but the trannies weak... what's the weak link with the GM's??? Isuzu is making the D'max and (I believe) Penske had his hand in the development part of it for pick ups if that makes a difference ...:noidea:

I "kind of like" the looks of the Fords however their past history still left a bad taste... I don't think I could pull the trigger on one of them... :naughty: ...

Pretty sure this is correct - Ford had the opportunity way back when but Dodge beat them to it... that's why the big fords have them but the pick ups don't.

Ford and Dodge became primary share holders of Cummins a few years back when Cummins was fixing to go belly up, Ford immediately sold the stocks they had bought when things turned around for Cummins and made a profit, contrary to the old wives tale, Ford does not own Cummins. Dodge has the sole contract with cummins for private use pick ups, however no such contract is in exsistence that says the cummins can't be put in commercial fords (or gm's for that matter, if GM was still in that market)