Lab vs German Shepard

I never liked the personalities of labs. My family has a border collie which I absolutely dislike, if you playfully pick somebody up or hit somebody and they scream or giggle the dog will jump up and start biting the victim :picard: He tries to heard my dog around the house by biting the backs of her legs. Our last family dog was a border collie/shelty mix she was great. My dog, a boston terrier is the most loving obedient dog I've ever had the pleasure of meeting :D But this is all worthless, because you're wanting a hunting dog. :lol:

My Heeler does this to the other 2 dogs whenever we're out back .. I think she's showing us she earning her keep. What's funny is that she's doing to a Aussie Shepard and a Heeler mix... the mix, now ther's a freak fo a dog. Same one I'd like to take to Manitoba so I could watch her run away for 2 days from N'Edges front porch.....

Alot of guys on here are calling them dumb dogs... Would you agree that MOST don't have a lot of sence or do you think it's gibberish?
No i don't find that statment to be true, they can be hard headed but a swift kick in the ass enough times teaches them quickly. Kind of how you have to do to the kids :smirk:

I kinda have the same conflict. I want a German Shepherd or Husky, or a mix between the two. They are hunting dogs, but not "hunting" dogs if you know what I mean. I want a dog that can tree a coon, but it might take some training to get a Shepherd or Husky to do that. I've heard that they can, but they dont really bay when they are on the chase, so people will put bells on them and a GPS tracker. That right there would be a sweet dog.

I've only had mixes my life and the best dog I ever had was a German Shepherd/Chow. We got him when he was 7, and you could still teach him anything easily. It took a lot of training to get him cool when we brang some cats home...he was pissed.

Another conflict I've came up with. Female or Male?

I kinda have the same conflict. I want a German Shepherd or Husky, or a mix between the two. They are hunting dogs, but not "hunting" dogs if you know what I mean. I want a dog that can tree a coon, but it might take some training to get a Shepherd or Husky to do that. I've heard that they can, but they dont really bay when they are on the chase, so people will put bells on them and a GPS tracker. That right there would be a sweet dog.

I've only had mixes my life and the best dog I ever had was a German Shepherd/Chow. We got him when he was 7, and you could still teach him anything easily. It took a lot of training to get him cool when we brang some cats home...he was pissed.

Another conflict I've came up with. Female or Male?

My heeler will sit at the window ust staring at the cat waiting for it to "fall out"... which it did about 2 weeks ago. but the heeler wasn'tthere, the aussie was but she just stood there and barked at it laying in the grass... The cat's bigger than her... :wow:... :smirk:. The Aussies barking pretty much saved the cats life since I saw it before hte other 2 knuckle heads came out...

My yellow lab is 10 years old and we hunted for 5 years with him. This dog has been the most amazing dog I've ever had. Faithful to a fault. (He'd follow me off a cliff.... literally) Smart as hell and an incredible dog. I named him Dozer (Short for bulldozer) because even as a pup he would bulldoze through the other pups to get on a tit. As a grown trained dog.... to this day he refuses to go around anything he can go through. I trained the hell out of him. His training wasn't just a couple month thing. I faithfully took him to the river 5-6 days a week to "play". In truth I was constantly training him. And this went on for his first 5 years. If he can hear my whistle or see my hands I can control his every movement. Protection wise, he just barks. I don't know what he'd do if someone broke in the house or attacked me besides bark. He's patient with the kids, Even as he is starting into his senior years. They are all different just like you and me. My best recommendation, no matter what dog you get please put the time into it. It will pay off in the long run. It's a HUGE commitment that I committed to in my single days when I had the time to do so. Good luck!