100 KX100 top end rebuild

Hell, don't take my word for it. try eric gorr. harry klemm. So far I haven't found anyone at wiseco that answers the phone that does anything besides answer the phone. why is it you would hone the port area? I have the hardest time imagining the rings needing to seat there. Take and old cylinder, run a ball hone through it and TRY to hurt some of the ports. If you reread my suggestion on sizing the hone to begin with, you will be able to amaze me by doing so. The rigid hone is a nice way to take out some plating if that is the desire. All an aluminum oxide hone will do is clean the glaze off of the old hone marks, though the hone will make you think you have new hash marks as it leaves them in the glazed surface. It is alike cleaning your cylinder with ajax on a spinning rag.

Awe..... somebody needs another time out in Hawaii. :smirk:
I'm only going by what I know as are you.
I do use a nice honing brush for my cylinder though. I have about 6 or so pistons on this current plating so I will see how it looks when I decide to freshen up the top end.
On TT Wiseco was an awesome resource member. He was the main engineer or owner or something, can't remember. Haven't spoken to him in a few years though.

Yeah, I get lots of reusese of plated cylinders. I can send you some to try to ruin if you want!! I talk to people who do the work you see this time of year on cable. They wouldn't think of using a hone, but not for the reasons we do it. Funny that, I have used the brush type hone with equal success. EG is death on them. But he has put together more than me, and more than anyone at Wiseco than either of us will ever talk to.

I didn't have them to call the first time I did a plated cylinder. I don't think they made pistons for motorcycles then. They were active on lots of sites before their crankshafts got such a bad name. Probably not totally deserved imo. But they seem to be shying away from the boards.

I didn't have them to call the first time I did a plated cylinder. I don't think they made pistons for motorcycles then. They were active on lots of sites before their crankshafts got such a bad name. Probably not totally deserved imo. But they seem to be shying away from the boards.
Yah, I find that there a lot of haters that never even purchased a bad crank but "heard" of them so they keep slamming every post. Well, I know I have used them along with hotrods, and they may not last as long as OEM but they sure haven't failed or had the keyway off like discribed. So, I'll keep putting them in if people don't want to spend the extra 200 for OEM.

I have used them all. No failures that were mfr related. The rod in one of my 125 big bore rigs is a wiseco. I have always tried to stick to what I have seen with others I trust or what I have done. Of course I don't always trust myself. Two myths that I hear often are about oil mixes and as you can see my reaction above, my honing methods. LOL. If you take the whole thing all together, it works for me. Has worked for me for a long time. Hones are like almost any other tool in the box, if you use it wrong, you can probably fucke something up. It applies to seal pullers, punches, WRENCHES, HAMMERS, screw drivers, you name it. Use a torque wrench wrong and see what you get.