Ktm or Suzuki?

No comparison……2 stroke all the way, all the time. I've had several 450 riders get off my RM and my 300XC and say wow I forgot what a blast it was to ride one of these, so like I said before you want fun,2 stroke,you want a good tool, go 4

No comparison. My kids bone stock 2009 RMZ250 walks away from my 2006 semi built RM250 with him and I riding them back to back on the same track on the same day. Now, that being said I have also handed TONS of 450f's their asses when the gate actually drops... just saying,:noidea:
A 2005 RM250 will walk away from a semi built 2006. For some reason Suzuki kept improving the RM's motor up to the 2005 then just stopped and went backwards.

A 2005 RM250 will walk away from a semi built 2006. For some reason Suzuki kept improving the RM's motor up to the 2005 then just stopped and went backwards.
actually in 06 although it was pretty close to the same except the primary compression was increased to give a little more low end response, but then the next two models were no change. but they were still able to compete with the 450's …..no way a 250f could hang with a 250t...

The hate is strong with some.

My recommendation out of the 2 in the title for what you're doing is KTM, they have it together in the off road world, maybe one day when I have the money I'll buy one.
Another thing to consider, I'm not sure your budget, is a MX bike, any CRF/YZ-F/RMZ/KX-F can easily be transformed into a fantastic off road bike, its what I did and honestly I see more converted mx bikes than I do specific enduro bikes when I race.

My opinion is we can give you different opinions and descriptions of what certain bikes ride like and or felt like to us, but you will have to ride them, test them, tune them (clickers, sag, fork height) in order to find your happy place.

Last edited:
if its for off road then the KTM is the only "good" choice for a performance 4st. If considering 2st then maybe the Yam as well. Ive ridden a Yam wr250 back to back with a KTM 250Fxcw and no comparison in power, hands down the KTM.

Last edited: