Ktm or Suzuki?

Looking to buy a new 250 4 stroke, but I'm torn between the two. I've heard good and bad about both. Don't base your decisions on looks, I want decisions based on performance.

Looking to buy a new 250 4 stroke, but I'm torn between the two. I've heard good and bad about both. Don't base your decisions on looks, I want decisions based on performance.
What are you going to be doing with the bike? Riding conditions etc. KTM makes a couple versions of their 250 4 stroke where Suz is just one.

What are you going to be doing with the bike? Riding conditions etc. KTM makes a couple versions of their 250 4 stroke where Suz is just one.

For now, trail/enduro riding. Conditions would vary, I'll be crossing creeks but also riding on dry dirt. But hopefully racing soon. I've road all my life so I'm not scared of the power, the more the better for me.

Ktm would be the better choice, and if you want to make it a true enduro you can with the xcw model pretty easily as its already wired for lights and whatnot, i would also check out the crf250x

For now, trail/enduro riding. Conditions would vary, I'll be crossing creeks but also riding on dry dirt. But hopefully racing soon. I've road all my life so I'm not scared of the power, the more the better for me.
Not that I'm trying to sell the KTM but they have a bike for that condition in the XC. You can turn a Suzuk into a trail bike but the suspension and power is more geared for mx.

If you know anybody who owns either of the models your interested in i'd try riding them first, just the ergo's power delivery, and overall feel is what makes an individual comfortable on any ride. but traditionally suzuki has been known for its knife like cornering, but is also twitchy. where as ktm generally has a more stable feel to it, but not as nimble in the corners. doesn't matter what others think is the bike for you….it's what bike fits you best.

If you are thinking about more power being better, I think you probably need to go for something larger than a 250. From what I have seen the Yamaha and the Honda are cheaper to keep up.

What kind of racing?

I know this thread is about the 250f four strokes. :thinking: But, when I saw the thread title I immediately started thinking about the two strokes, RM250 vs. the KTM250sx. I have always read that the 2008 RM250 was a great weapon. Even greater than the YZ250 of the same year. I wonder how a 2008 RM250 would stack up against the current crap :smirk: oops I mean crop of four strokes today. A little bit of sarcasm goes a long way. :smirk:

I know this thread is about the 250f four strokes. :thinking: But, when I saw the thread title I immediately started thinking about the two strokes, RM250 vs. the KTM250sx. I have always read that the 2008 RM250 was a great weapon. Even greater than the YZ250 of the same year. I wonder how a 2008 RM250 would stack up against the current crap :smirk: oops I mean crop of four strokes today. A little bit of sarcasm goes a long way. :smirk:

No comparison. My kids bone stock 2009 RMZ250 walks away from my 2006 semi built RM250 with him and I riding them back to back on the same track on the same day. Now, that being said I have also handed TONS of 450f's their asses when the gate actually drops... just saying,:noidea: