KTM CR500

Here is a guy that want to off his cr500 conversion for a KTM 300

http://visalia.craigslist.org/mcy/4348811261.html
I can't believe one of your boys don't have you talked into that yet.
I don't care what you say, this is a bad ass 500. Kx500 motor in a ktm 450sxf chassis built by FMF. :drool:
View attachment 20841
View attachment 20842
View attachment 20843
View attachment 20844
View attachment 20845

I want this bike. :thumb:
True, it is nice and can be yours, it's not like you don't have the money to put in the stable.

I don't know about that being a FMF bike. I mean to me it looks like you can see the welds on the frame under the motor. I don't think FMF would display that type of work. As much money as they have, it would have been sent out for Powder Coating most likely. :noidea:
:thinking: FMF stickers everywhere, 74 on the number plate (know why 74?)...:thinking:..:idea: Oh yeah and this article below.

http://motocrossactionmag.com/Main/...LERS-KX500KTM-250SX-HYBRID-TWOSTRO-10183.aspx

I was mistaken on the chassis, it was a 250sx. I do agree that, they could have powder coated the frame, but still a sweet bike.

:thinking: FMF stickers everywhere, 74 on the number plate (know why 74?)...:thinking:..:idea: Oh yeah and this article below.

http://motocrossactionmag.com/Main/...LERS-KX500KTM-250SX-HYBRID-TWOSTRO-10183.aspx

I was mistaken on the chassis, it was a 250sx. I do agree that, they could have powder coated the frame, but still a sweet bike.
Ehh? Debatable. I would rather have the real McCoy kx500 or cr500 before one of these chop job bikes that probably won't handle worth a shit since it stuck in the frame that isn't designed to handle that much HP.

yeah, but the bikes made then were not the same as now. Chassis and susp have come a long ways since the CR and KX.
Plus back in the CR & KX500 days, the frames needed to be gusted up to withstand the harsh conditions these bikes were getting tossed into.

Plus back in the CR & KX500 days, the frames needed to be gusted up to withstand the harsh conditions these bikes were getting tossed into.

That is the first time I ever heard that. Considering the frames on the KX500 and CR500 were stronger than the ones on the XR's. Not saying your wrong. Because, that type of riding is what you do and is what you know. I am just saying I never heard of that happening and do not understand why it would be needed.

That is the first time I ever heard that. Considering the frames on the KX500 and CR500 were stronger than the ones on the XR's. Not saying your wrong. Because, that type of riding is what you do and is what you know. I am just saying I never heard of that happening and do not understand why it would be needed.

It depends on the usage. It's the desert racing that likely needs it. Nothing like major impacts against planted boulders to rearrange the frame. Most MX guys just don't put the same kind of hours on a bike and a track is missing those natural terrain obstacles that like to reach up and bite the bike. Your average trail rider doesn't punish the bike relentlessly so they don't see the issues either.

I hope that the frames are stronger. I've had the welder out on four different occasions on my XR and I'm no racer. Another need for strength is the vibration level. The counter balanced XR's are bad enough, but the the CR500 put out way more vibes. Those can be tough on the frame as well.

Rack if you buy that bike then you will never get out of neutral, let alone second gear.

Rack if you buy that bike then you will never get out of neutral, let alone second gear.

Very true Carl. Been many years since we rode together. In fact last time was at Geeks place. You were on the Ol' XR and the carb fell apart if I remember right. I was on a Demo Husaberg FE 450. The party that night cured me from drinking with Geek.

Be ready for the next dual sport ride up my way. We need to get you and Palmer up here on those Beta's and see if we can get them to boil over in the single track.

:cheers:

Last edited:
Very true Carl. Been many years since we ride together. In fact last time was at Geeks place. You were on the Ol' XR and the carb fell apart if I remember right. I was on a Demo Husaberg FE 450. The party that night cured me from drinking with Geek.

Be ready for the next dual sport ride up my way. We need to get you and Palmer up here on those Beta's and see if we can get them to boil over in the single track.

:cheers:

Drinking with GEEK never ends pretty!:naughty: :picard:

But the riding around there :loco:

Last edited: