Knee Guards

http://www.cyclegear.com/spgm.cfm?L1=&L2=&L3=&L4=&item=EVS_SK-SM_G

those evs strata's are on sale... 30 bucks off im wondering if they are worth it... the reviews are kinda scaring me from pulling the trigger on em tho.

Yama_dawgg wears those and likes them. They are not as heavy duty as Thor but they are good. Also, cycle gear has the 100% satisfaction guarantee. Oder them and try them out if you don't like them return them for a full refund.

Yama_dawgg wears those and likes them. They are not as heavy duty as Thor but they are good. Also, cycle gear has the 100% satisfaction guarantee. Oder them and try them out if you don't like them return them for a full refund.

That alone is worth it. Didnt know you could do that with gear. I should remember that about Cycle Gear. I dont much care for the place but I would like it for that purpose, seeing as I bought an $80.00 pair and still havent worn them. I dont like how they fit or feel, so I wear my cheapy $20.00 ones.

Well they have arrived. I like the protection, seem pretty warm, I'm a little worried about not be able to get my leg high enough to kick start the bike.
I'll report back after this weekends trips.

Well they have arrived. I like the protection, seem pretty warm, I'm a little worried about not be able to get my leg high enough to kick start the bike.
I'll report back after this weekends trips.

If you have never worn knee guards you won't like the restricted feeling. Ride with them about 6 time throw in a few crashes. Then try riding without them. You will feel naked and at risk.

Once you are use to them you won't ride without them.

Well It took about a half-day to get used to them. But I like them and they will for sure stay put when I crash. Would buy again. :thumb:

so how do you get the thor force knee guards to fit with your boots ?

did you have to adjust the straps on your boots a lot to get them to fit ?

i jsut got the thor force knee guards and they make my calf SO big i can barely get the velcrowe on the inside of my boots to reach and i will have to adjust the straps a lot to get them to fit... is that gonna be ok ?

Yea had to adjust them out a slight bit from my last guards. Yet again I feel like I can barely get everything buckled, but some how it works. :thinking:
If you can get your boots strapped and everything staying in one place. Don't worry about it.

I am riding for the first time in nearly two months this weekend. I will try to take some pics of the knee guards in the boot.

Yea had to adjust them out a slight bit from my last guards. Yet again I feel like I can barely get everything buckled, but some how it works. :thinking:
If you can get your boots strapped and everything staying in one place. Don't worry about it.

yea i did. i guess it just takes some getting use to.

I have Thor Force, but prefered my cheap MSR pair... they fit better, were more comfortable with my gear. Like a helmet, I would not ride without them.

Almost 6 months post op ACL replacement. Getting fitted this week for the DonJoy motorcross version combo guard/brace. Supposed to help protect the ACL, I'm all over it. Hoping my insurance will pay for the 2nd one I'm ordering for my native knee. My injury was not caused from impact (I had guards on), it was a twisting motion that caused the carnage. I regret not wearing CTI's or the DJ as standard equipment, especially if it would've prevented this injury.

James

Staff member
Almost 6 months post op ACL replacement. Getting fitted this week for the DonJoy motorcross version combo guard/brace. Supposed to help protect the ACL, I'm all over it. Hoping my insurance will pay for the 2nd one I'm ordering for my native knee. My injury was not caused from impact (I had guards on), it was a twisting motion that caused the carnage. I regret not wearing CTI's or the DJ as standard equipment, especially if it would've prevented this injury.
I'm assuming you only had knee guards and not braces on when it happened? I currently wear Asterisk knee braces but I'm trying to get my doc to prescribe me the DonJoy braces. He's still debating it but I think I can persuade him the next time I see him. :thumb: He's probably just hoping that I tear something up, more work for him. :smirk: