All KM weekend?

I would stick on highway 58 until you hit the 14, then go North to the merge with 395, and take 9 mile. I've heard stories about that way, and a little extra straight flat highway miles are nothing. Not tellin, just sayin. :noidea:

Yea that may be advisable as it looks like KM might be on the other side of the crest and the road cleonard linked looks pretty dam twisty. I'll have to see how other people go from the North.

What kind of vehicle are you bringing?

No matter what your route is not the right one. I believe the road you have selected off of the 178 is CaneBrake road. It's maintained dirt, but the last time I was on it, it was a washboarded nightmare. It does avoid 9 mile canyon though. If you are just in a truck with no rig I would go like this http://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=L...DErVRlDS-vnrg&mra=dpe&mrsp=1&sz=9&via=1,2&z=9

If you are towing a trailer that route is a lot of mountain narrow curvy road and it would be better to take the 58 to Mojave.

TBD on vehicle type could be van and trailer or truck....

Even if it is a truck it may be worth while going around thru the Mojave. I think Jawbone ended up being ~6 hours with 2-3 stops. :thinking:

I think I am kidding myself being able to make it anytime in July. :lol: But i like to keep my options open. :smirk:

Probably should just go North and ride with Rock Monster. :thumb:

I am so Jealous and Envious of you bums going to ride Kennedy Meadows. I rode up there a few years ago and had a blast. I'm hoping to get up there in Sep after my injury is behind me.

last week of july. sadly i wont be able to be there for the weekend but we will be there midweek for 3 or 4 days. Ill get exact dates soon. midweek is win anyway... less chance of a head on up there :smirk:

I told the rangers that was a long ass drive for 1 day of work :moon:

That is a long ass drive for a weekday ride. :shocked:

i seen dudes pic on facebook showing the long wood pathway going across some marshy like field... I WANT TO BE THERE now

also i could prolly make it a 2 day ride and just sleep in my truck

i seen dudes pic on facebook showing the long wood pathway going across some marshy like field... I WANT TO BE THERE now

also i could prolly make it a 2 day ride and just sleep in my truck

wait, what happened to taking the family for 3 or 4 days?
work got in the way again. august is the new next week, 4th-8th?

wait, what happened to taking the family for 3 or 4 days?
work got in the way again. august is the new next week, 4th-8th?
the wife didnt have such a great time camping last week in LPNF so im giving her a break and we are jsut bumming around the house for a week. I want to ride KM so bad tho that im willing to wake up in the middle of the night and ride KM for a day possible camp in the truck solo and ride 2 if someone is going to meet me.

Baja... i can see if it will be possible but prolly not since the wife just took a week vaction

I'll do a couple days during the week if stuff is open. I hate riding if a place has closed trails. Other than that it's Silverwood,Arrow,Bear.....