All KM weekend?

Alright Travace, here's your thread :smirk:
(p.s. I've probably got some used gear for your boy- I don't wrap)

Red sticker riding legal, camping at 8,000' asl, rocky singletrack, tree dodging, off camber, stream crossing, chance of thunderstorms (I hope, a little too early) good times with campfires, good food, music and barley sodas:banana:

Mid July or late July?

Who is in?:devil:

I like Fri-Sun or Monday......dates to be decided.

last week of july. sadly i wont be able to be there for the weekend but we will be there midweek for 3 or 4 days. Ill get exact dates soon. midweek is win anyway... less chance of a head on up there :smirk:

:popcorn:

I would love to ride KM. Have not rode there before. I'll keep an eye on this thread. I'd like to go work schedule permitting.

Hmmm... the 15th might work. Would anyone consider by passing the campgrounds and staying at Corral Meadow? No crowds, peace and quiet, etc. Makes it easy to hit Cedar Cyn, Rincon, and Siretta Peak.

My official dates are July 26th through 29th. If anyone wants to meet me ill stay at any spot. As of now we will be at Troy Overflow. let me know.

Hmmm... the 15th might work. Would anyone consider by passing the campgrounds and staying at Corral Meadow? No crowds, peace and quiet, etc. Makes it easy to hit Cedar Cyn, Rincon, and Siretta Peak.

How are the skeeters?
Might get Bryan and crew up to KM that weekend too, you missed a good 122 mile ride in the p's the other week, thinking of another trip up there on the 9th?

Hey Carl. Me and Ken will be up there the 14th to the 17th.. Wit and Blacksheep too! I know you camp somewhere other than Troy. Where is Coral Meadow and Do you think it will be open???

This sounds epic..doubt I could make it because July is totally FUBAR at work. I might not even be able to get the 4th off. :foul:

This route look correct?

Do able drive but I would need a three day weekend for sure to make it worth it.

I would stick on highway 58 until you hit the 14, then go North to the merge with 395, and take 9 mile. I've heard stories about that way, and a little extra straight flat highway miles are nothing. Not tellin, just sayin. :noidea:

What kind of vehicle are you bringing?

No matter what your route is not the right one. I believe the road you have selected off of the 178 is CaneBrake road. It's maintained dirt, but the last time I was on it, it was a washboarded nightmare. It does avoid 9 mile canyon though. If you are just in a truck with no rig I would go like this http://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=L...DErVRlDS-vnrg&mra=dpe&mrsp=1&sz=9&via=1,2&z=9

If you are towing a trailer that route is a lot of mountain narrow curvy road and it would be better to take the 58 to Mojave.