Kinesiology Tape

OK guys just thought I would share this with you. I am not a health nut but I HATE taking medication. I dont take pain killers and I am not a fan of surgery. So I am always trying to find stuff to help with the pain that I have.

I have found some tape that a lot of the pro athletes are wearing. There are two brands that I have found one is called KT tape and the other is called Rock Tape. They are probably pretty much the same stuff but the KT tape is readily available at most local drug stores where the Rocktape has to be ordered online.

KT tape also offers Youtube Videos on how to apply the Tape. Rocktape wants you to have a medical doctor apply the Tape so they offer no videos.

One of our riders tore his ACL at our last race and is trying to rehab it without surgery. Since he has already had two. He is using this tape and says it is making a difference. I am going to stop by my local CVS and buy some today and check it out myself. Just thought I would share with you guys in case you haven't seen it yet.

http://www.kttape.com/
http://rocktape.com/

OK guys just thought I would share this with you. I am not a health nut but I HATE taking medication. I dont take pain killers and I am not a fan of surgery. So I am always trying to find stuff to help with the pain that I have.

I have found some tape that a lot of the pro athletes are wearing. There are two brands that I have found one is called KT tape and the other is called Rock Tape. They are probably pretty much the same stuff but the KT tape is readily available at most local drug stores where the Rocktape has to be ordered online.

KT tape also offers Youtube Videos on how to apply the Tape. Rocktape wants you to have a medical doctor apply the Tape so they offer no videos.

One of our riders tore his ACL at our last race and is trying to rehab it without surgery. Since he has already had two. He is using this tape and says it is making a difference. I am going to stop by my local CVS and buy some today and check it out myself. Just thought I would share with you guys in case you haven't seen it yet.

http://www.kttape.com/
http://rocktape.com/

Brock - you know I lurvs all your posts but, the bolded part makes me cringe. Modern sports medicine is advancing by lightyears every week. A torn ACL is not something that you're going to fix on your own with some tape. This is about a product when, it really should be about taping techniques. I am old enough (back me up here Rez) where my trainer would put a piece of black hockey tape on an injury and say, get out there. I see the new tape stuff and think it's wonderful stuff but, the wrapping technique is what make the difference. :thumb:

Brock - you know I lurvs all your posts but, the bolded part makes me cringe. Modern sports medicine is advancing by lightyears every week. A torn ACL is not something that you're going to fix on your own with some tape. This is about a product when, it really should be about taping techniques. I am old enough (back me up here Rez) where my trainer would put a piece of black hockey tape on an injury and say, get out there. I see the new tape stuff and think it's wonderful stuff but, the wrapping technique is what make the difference. :thumb:

I know it sounds crazy. It was only a partial tear. AND I have heard of people that don't have ACL's. It is possible to strengthen the muscles around the knee to help support it. SO I don't know. This is just what I have heard.

A torn ACL is not something that you're going to fix on your own with some tape.
I have saw a lot of self healed ligament damage, torn ACL, ect. If the tear is slight enough, you can heal it and self rehab. Last year I tore up my knee and healed it up to 100% with proper rehab in one month, while racing. JS7 is riding with a tron ACL currently also, so that kind of thing is possible.

Cool stuff :thumb: my dad used to have all kinds of tapes and such back working as a doctor when I was a kid. He let me sit under the desk in his office and wrap that bright green casting tape all over myself. :lol: I'm gonna pick some up for my wrist when I start riding again next month.