Kinda Sorta Might Possibly Be Looking for a Bike

Story in short: Dad moved to Cali, I got left an ATV (TRX250ex) that I'll barely get to ride. I might be able to sell it and buy a bike.

I was looking at a DRZ400SM that I could ride on-road. But I'm wondering how capable it would be on an MX track? I kinda like the idea of blasting my horn off the jumps and using my turn signals when coming up to a turn. :lol: Could you adjust the suspension clickers enough to make it be good on a track?

Or I might could get a motocross bike again. I'm leaning towards a 125 or a 250f again. That's less likely though.

Any info on the DRZ400 would be awesome. Thanks. :thumb:

The SM version is more or less a no go on the dirt. It has wide 17 inch rims made for sticky street tires. While you can get some dual sportish tires in those sizes, you can't get real dirt tires. The suspension is also setup for the street.

Are you thinking of a bike for CA or VA? CA, I have a 03 YZ250 (MX bike) and an 06 TE250 (DS Bike) I will be throwing on the market soon. The YZ is a 2T as you know and very capable of tracks. The TE 250 is a 4T and not as capable on track unless you like a heavy bikes with e-start, signals, horn etc.

Are you thinking of a bike for CA or VA? CA, I have a 03 YZ250 (MX bike) and an 06 TE250 (DS Bike) I will be throwing on the market soon. The YZ is a 2T as you know and very capable of tracks. The TE 250 is a 4T and not as capable on track unless you like a heavy bikes with e-start, signals, horn etc.

Is the 03 YZ green or red sticker?

:banana: As long as its a Suzuki..2stroke...and made anytime before 95 your still my fran:smirk:

Yayy! :hug: I was gunna get an 01 RM125 awhile back...

The SM version is more or less a no go on the dirt. It has wide 17 inch rims made for sticky street tires. While you can get some dual sportish tires in those sizes, you can't get real dirt tires. The suspension is also setup for the street.

Ahhh, fack. How about a DRZ400E/SM. Just a converted 400e? 'Parently the 400e has a more aggressive cam.

Well, the bike is for here in VA. I'll probably be renting a bike while in Cali (you can do that, right?) Besides...yall's whole sticker thing confuses the heck out of me.
How much are you selling them bikes for? Dont think I could live with a Husky though. :puke: :P

I had a friend with a 01 DRZ400 setup for trails, that thing was a tank. It would go anywhere and He could ride anywhere he wanted, street or trails but mainly setup for trails. He had it licensed mainly to go from trail head to trail head. I seen him take it on the track and it bottomed out allot. It was so heavy and so is he that it just wouldn't cut it on the track. I guess with the right suspension under it you could make it track worthy but not anything like a real MXer, you know like and RM250 :smirk: