250 kicker like cement

I'd go OEM for the piston...
Right on I use Motorsport to get all my parts but when I look they have several different pistons one is .050 another is .070 I think and I've seen where you can get them from original to .10 increments up should I have a machine shop measure the old piston n cover?

when you are buying a piston, running it in a well worn cast bore never made sense to me. you just get more for your money. if you went long enough to break the old one, there was a reason.

I bought this bike march 16, 2016 I've ridden a total of 43.5 hours on it I've changed the gear oil 17 x and only have used hp2. Two stroke oil mixing it at 32:1 I think I over care for my bikes but like I said am plumber and 51 yrs old never worked on any kinda motor could be original piston for all I know so I want to do everything I can to get this bike running again I will definitely take to machine shop n get rebored

I bought this bike march 16, 2016 I've ridden a total of 43.5 hours on it I've changed the gear oil 17 x and only have used hp2. Two stroke oil mixing it at 32:1 I think I over care for my bikes but like I said am plumber and 51 yrs old never worked on any kinda motor could be original piston for all I know so I want to do everything I can to get this bike running again I will definitely take to machine shop n get rebored

Right on appreciate all your input that does make sense to me if been ridden so long on cylinder probably cylinder get little sloppy ( like being with same girl 30 years) will see what cylinder measures first then see what bigger piston can get then rebore accordingly

An oem piston at 40hrs of hard riding will break just like that one did. Worn piston, rings and cylinder creat that slap. Also it may be a 20:1 mixture on that bike. Is it an 86 or an 89?
Clean up the cylinder. Buy the proper sized wiseco piston and you'll be fine.

An oem piston at 40hrs of hard riding will break just like that one did. Worn piston, rings and cylinder creat that slap. Also it may be a 20:1 mixture on that bike. Is it an 86 or an 89?
Clean up the cylinder. Buy the proper sized wiseco piston and you'll be fine.
Its an 85 will do t