250 KDX 250 1982

So , cut off the end , clean it out, repack ???

you can do that but be really careful or try and find a replacement silencer.... i think krause made one as well as DG and maybe SuperTrapp.

*EDIT: Does it have a giant circlip holding the end cap in?

Last edited:
Been down with broken foot , sprained knee , broken rib , taken out by grandson , muffler has no circlip , started it up , run at high idle , used propane torch to burn out muffler , Real fun , got a 2 foot flame out of muffler , lots of smoke , change in sound , throttle response ... changed out reed plate assy . Got a little better , still seems to have fat idle . .. what is standard pilot jet , main jet , ??. I'm at sea level Hot as hell conditions , thanks in advance ..

Been down with broken foot , sprained knee , broken rib , taken out by grandson , muffler has no circlip , started it up , run at high idle , used propane torch to burn out muffler , Real fun , got a 2 foot flame out of muffler , lots of smoke , change in sound , throttle response ... changed out reed plate assy . Got a little better , still seems to have fat idle . .. what is standard pilot jet , main jet , ??. I'm at sea level Hot as hell conditions , thanks in advance ..

I don’t know what the standards are but it’s possible everything is worn. 37yrs will do that. If you can adjust the air screw and there is no change in the idle then you need to go down a jet size on the pilot.