250 KDX 250 1982

What , and how much oil in crank case . Just found this , trying to get it together .. any help is useful ..... 1982 KDX 250 2B
Rubber plug in top , no dipstick , can't find anything on 1982 , no sight glass ..

As soon as my broken foot , and sprained knee lets up on the pain, I'm gonna give it a whirl .. Taken out by a 6 yr. Old on a PW 50 , WITH TRAINING WHEELS .. Grandson , never looked back , didn't know anything until next lap when he passed me , , stopped and said " You ok poppy ? " kids's are well trained , run your line , don't look at anything but your line .. .....

Got it running , seems to be loaded up , idle screw turned all the way in . Runs like on the Fat side .. throttled up it seems to have blowback in airbox , I ass u me that the muffler and exaust ports need cleaning , like weedeaters and chainsaws ..... ??? Never did it on a bike . Only throttled up and heated muffler / expansion chamber with a propane torch on my YZ 125 took about a half hour to burn off excess oil ... Smoked out the neighbors , but it was fun ...

Got it running , seems to be loaded up , idle screw turned all the way in . Runs like on the Fat side .. throttled up it seems to have blowback in airbox , I ass u me that the muffler and exaust ports need cleaning , like weedeaters and chainsaws ..... ??? Never did it on a bike . Only throttled up and heated muffler / expansion chamber with a propane torch on my YZ 125 took about a half hour to burn off excess oil ... Smoked out the neighbors , but it was fun ...

Sounds like a good carb cleaning and check/replace those reeds and even a compression test while you are at it. It’s also possible that it’s the wrong idle screw.

I' m leaning towards reeds , throttle not crisp , sluggish , idle mixture not adjusting much , going to change reeds , clean muffler and ex. Port . Will advise .....

I' m leaning towards reeds , throttle not crisp , sluggish , idle mixture not adjusting much , going to change reeds , clean muffler and ex. Port . Will advise .....

That probably has the stock silencer on it which you can not repack if I remember correctly.