Just got my tickets Nascars first race in KY

Use to be big fan a few years ago before it turned into the Dale Jr show, not so much anymore. I am taking my dad for fathers day he still loves it.
logo.jpg

singleevents.jpg

James

Staff member
Use to be big fan a few years ago before it turned into the Dale Jr show, not so much anymore. I am taking my dad for fathers day he still loves it.
View attachment 1487

View attachment 1486
Yeah I'll admit that I also used to follow NASCAR, but after I got hooked on MX it got realllllly boring. :devil: I'll also admit that I caught the last few laps of the Daytona 500 from this past weekend. And holy shat that was awesome to see the total rookie (second ever NASCAR race), Trevor Bayne, win it. :ride:

Oh noooooo! Oh my lord! It's really happening! ANOTHER LEFT TURN! :lol::lol:

JK thats pretty cool though, I'm sure its way better in real life. Sounds like you will have fun, is Jackson Jr. comming?

Yeah I'll admit that I also used to follow NASCAR, but after I got hooked on MX it got realllllly boring. :devil: I'll also admit that I caught the last few laps of the Daytona 500 from this past weekend. And holy shat that was awesome to see the total rookie (second ever NASCAR race), Trevor Bayne, win it. :ride:

Yeah, I went to my parents to watch the race and ended up doing all the cooking and didn't end up watching any of the race.:lol: when it was over I was like who won? Trevor who :noidea::smirk:

Oh noooooo! Oh my lord! It's really happening! ANOTHER LEFT TURN! :lol::lol:

JK thats pretty cool though, I'm sure its way better in real life. Sounds like you will have fun, is Jackson Jr. comming?

Nah, Jax Jr isn't going,, this big boy only race. Me and my oldest brother usally take my pop to the Bush race there every year but now that Sprint cup is here, we are going to this race instead. Yeah YD, I been to a few races and they are way better in person.

Hey Jax.. Where is that race at.. .. i might google it a little later...

It's at the Kentucky motor speedway in Sparta, KY. About 45mins north of Louisville.

2 words come to mind here." Nascar blows". :naughty:

I used to be a big fan and watch every race on TV but I can't even remember the last race I watched. However, if you ever go to one, they are much more exciting. When an 800hp car x 43 blows by you at 180mph it's kinda cool. Then again I again I think football, baseball, soccer,basketball and just about every other sport blows big time on TV and seeing in person is 10 times better.:thumb:

James

Staff member
I been to a few races and they are way better in person.
:lol: Matter of opinion. I've been to 2 NASCAR races (Both Michigan) and the best part is the tailgating, I seriously feel asleep inside at both races. :noidea: I can only take so many left turns before I get bored out of my mind. I'm guessing Bristol (1/2 mile track) would be a little bit more exciting.

I will say though that your perspective of NASCAR / car racing on that level, will change. TV does it absolutely no justice as to how fast these guys really go, thanks to the camera angles and what not, it looks like they're doing about 70-80. But have you ever seen a pack of cars travel at 200 MPH and then corner at 150ish mph, in real life? :shocked::shocked::shocked: Plus the shear size of some of the tracks is just mind boggling, you can't even see the cars at the other corner. :wow:

You dont realize how many people are there I went to talladega a few years back.. and WOW... it rain'd some... haha That parking lot was AMAZING... bigass grass field... 34534565 rednecks... Ya.. It was worth the drive there FOR SURE.... i was walking and got ran over by a damn motorized cooler

Waaaay back in the 70's, I was a big time Petty fan. That's when the cars were still real cars, not one of 3 fiberglass designs. When they started painting the headlights on, that pretty much killed it for me.
Nascar, or any car racing doesn't come across well on TV, but to watch it live is pretty exciting. Especially with your dad on fathers day, sounds like you will have a good time.
Locally, we have sprint car dirt track racing in Ventura at Seaside Park, right next to the beach. Great way to spend a Saturday evening. Not sure how much longer it will be around, the NIMBY's want to shut it down - god forbid anyone have fun....
Perhaps a DBA sprint car get together Saturday night. Beer, hot dogs, pretzels and fast cars.

http://www.venturaraceway.com/

:lol: Matter of opinion. I've been to 2 NASCAR races (Both Michigan) and the best part is the tailgating, I seriously feel asleep inside at both races. :noidea: I can only take so many left turns before I get bored out of my mind. I'm guessing Bristol (1/2 mile track) would be a little bit more exciting.

I will say though that your perspective of NASCAR / car racing on that level, will change. TV does it absolutely no justice as to how fast these guys really go, thanks to the camera angles and what not, it looks like they're doing about 70-80. But have you ever seen a pack of cars travel at 200 MPH and then corner at 150ish mph, in real life? :shocked::shocked::shocked: Plus the shear size of some of the tracks is just mind boggling, you can't even see the cars at the other corner. :wow:

Yeah, I can imagine Michigan being pretty boring, I didn't care to watch that race on TV back in the day either. I have been to Talladega 3 times, Richmond VA. 2 times and Indy...Brickyard once. Plus many of the bush and arca races. I have even been to the Indy 500. All in all, the Richmond race being a 3/4 mile track offered the best racing action even at the slowest speeds. More door banging going on added for action on the track. Still at Talladega it is more about the party/camping/tailgating and all 43 cars coming by you at the same time is pretty cool. TV does it no justice for it that is for sure. Like I said tho TV does no sport justice. I don't care to watch basketball either but every once in awhile the owner of this company I work for will give me his tickets to what the local Louisville college team play and it pretty fun to go and watch live.

If he likes the reaces he has to expereince it in person...It's no longer the Jr show...now it's the Jimmie Johnson and other young guns taking his place! Pretty crazy when the kid that won Daytona last week has only driven 3 times (I think) in a NASCAR race.

I got into it for a while...I have a friend who'ss deeeep into it especially the Busch and Truck series. He got to know some of the team members somehow a while back and has worked on a couple teams as the behind the wall gas man....He hosts 2 HUGE pre-race parties when ever the races are in SoCal...most of the guys that come to it are the Busch and truck teams except for Sterling Marlin, (good friend of his) and Robby Gordon who I've met both. I'm sure there have been more Sprint teams but I haven't seen/met them. He even has a guy from one of the teams bring him out some "hooch" fresh from the backwoods of NC...thatshittlekillya!!! Because of his involvement in it it kind of grew on me, once in a while he'd have a opening day Daytona race day party which made it really fun...every body put $ on a driver and if he won they won the pot...he has a theater room where we watched the race, if your driver was out of the race you got shamed out of the room and had to go watch it on the "small" tv...I've been to 1 race starting at 7:00 in the infield...quite the site. You've got to experience that at least once. Its one huge party from Friday AM (or earlier) until race day evening or the next morning. The speed the cars go by is just insane...TV doesn't do justice to that part. Then get up on a RV roof to watch the race...if you're not next to the fence it sucks...the stands are the best place to see it IF there in person...in front of the TV is THEEE best.

If he likes the reaces he has to expereince it in person...It's no longer the Jr show....

What I meant by it being a Dale Jr show was not that he was winning all the time, cause that was never the case with him. Sure he has won some races but never like Jimmy Johnson or Jeff Gordon. I meant when you're watching it on TV that is all they talked about and all they showed was DALE Jr(inagirlyvoice). It was so stupid bad he could have been 3 laps down and in 43rd place with fenders missing and they still would follow him around the track lap after lap and ignor everyone else in the race. That is why I stopped watching it. I got so sick of it I said:foul: it and quit watching.