All Johnson Valley News: Might be for the better !

To actually catch people will take helicopters and they do have them.
Yah, but once off of the base boundaries, what can the Marines and their helicopters do? Continue to pursue and hand off to Sheriffs if called in for support? They ain't got time for dat.

Dunno, if it becomes too much of a big deal it might get elevated. Gov't likes to spend our hard earned money. They won't close the borders but I betcha they will sure as hell give it there best shot (pun intended) to close off the area. Build a fence to keep King Kong out:spin:

Found this article and maybe the marines could use some training chasing after off roaders.

http://groundreport.com/motorcycles-used-as-force-multiplier-in-afghanistan/:
Motorcycles serve as a significant force multiplier for the Taliban as it provided maneuverability and stealth.” US Soldier, Wikileaks document. report Key 5DDF8BBF-A953-4168-BE80-956D5 FO DADDS Tracking number: 2008-027-164804-0812

Taliban fighters are currently using Chinese built versions of Honda motorcycles for transportation and launching attacks – or in the case of Mullah Omar, to flee coalition forces as he did in 2002 and 2003.

The Taliban also use motorcycles as mobile weapon launch platforms for rocket propelled grenades and machine gun attacks against coalition forces. In some cases they will buddy up together, one drives while the other one fires their weapon at you.

In some cases its “Taliban on motorcycles vs US Army helicopters and soldiers on the ground.” In after action reports that read like scenes out of a Mad Max movie or somethin

Can't imagine a couple Sheriffs stationed out of Lucerne Valley are going to want to be part of this nonsense. San Bernardino County didn't make the mess... and aren't going to feel like resources should be diverted to the Feds over a base border issue.

Honestly, I just don't think many folks get back in there besides D37 clubs on race day. With those clubs having to play by the rules the lost trails will go largely unused. Good news is time shouldn't hide the good stuff like happens in the forest where unused trails literally disappear. The Humvees have no value except when crossing the open valleys. The fat lands and big washes between Anderson and the new border will probably be tested and patrolled. Stick to the hills and I suspect our access out there may have just gotten better... now we don't even have to share the trails "On Any Sunday". :smirk:

I agree Tim... this was in the works before we moved here... I knew/know JV less than most riding destinations in SoCAL but fell in love the first time out. So we bought our retirement home here KNOWING it would probably come to this... and that my days of legal only riding would be over.

Now I just gotta crash some of your riding parties so I can properly learn my own backyard. :ride:

Are you gonna join our JV ride 21-23 ?
Sad part is I don't know it. I only know a smidgen of what's out there. Best way is to head out to the foothills, and look for single track. Not sure about next weekend, I just finally got all my trailer crap, just have to bust ass, and see.

This is from JV today.... our buddy Rick took these !

p3.png

p2.png

p4.png

p5.png

p6.png

Sorry I missed you BIG D !