All Johnson Valley News: Might be for the better !

They take JV, I continue to poach Wilderness. Not a fair trade, but one I will have to live with.
You know, I am going to have to agree. I am not one that usually would actively seek out illegal trails except 1 in KM. I do that 3 mile section of Siretta every time I go. Someone had asked what was at the end of Rattlesnake in KM, other than the sign that says, stop, entering Wilderness. Wasn't interested in finding out. Well....... :thinking:

For reference...
Ocotillo wells is 85K acres...
You can ride all of ocotillo wells in a weekend. It has been thrashed due to the sheer number of people jammed in the space.
JV OHV will become the size of ocotillo wells and half of that while the military plays war 2 months of the year. :picard:-BIG DAN

I'm thinking that's why the "scenery" looks like the surface of the moon..... bare, no vegitation to speak of..... just craters..... :rolleyes:

That's private property. Funny they can have private property in the middle of a battlefield.

Whole thing makes me sick every time I see it.
Then stop looking.
If the share is 60 days to 305, can we have it when it's under 100 degree and they can have it when it's like the Middle East in winter (over 100)? 60 days lost is not that bad of a loss, but really, any loss is a loss.

It isn't 60 days.

We lost a chunk of the best desert riding in the world EQUAL to the size of all of Ocotillo... FOREVER.

We lost another chunk the size of Stoddard Wells to this bullshit share plan. Sharing will end the first time they lose a bomb and deem it unsafe. This WILL happen... 2-5 years MAX.

Officially, if you buy their BULLSHIT, we absolutely lost some of the very best riding out there.
45% land loss year round.

And if you believe they will eventually close the shared use area that's 75% land loss.

You cannot minimize how devastating this is.

JV is now less than half the size of Ocotillo Wells SVRA... and 20% smaller than Stoddard Wells.

Largest OHV land loss EVER !

We definitely lost the best part. I might stage at Anderson, but I head to that area just West of Galaway, awesome bolder hopping there. It pisses me off that every one is saying it's a win, I say it's a big steaming pile of bull shat. I've infiltrated their base in the past, the future will be no different.

The article must be fluff. Said the share section is only non OHV 60 days. Yes, we lost again!!! But I'll be in AZ waiting for all your arrivals through out the year.

I agree Tim... this was in the works before we moved here... I knew/know JV less than most riding destinations in SoCAL but fell in love the first time out. So we bought our retirement home here KNOWING it would probably come to this... and that my days of legal only riding would be over.

Now I just gotta crash some of your riding parties so I can properly learn my own backyard. :ride:

Are you gonna join our JV ride 21-23 ?

The article must be fluff. Said the share section is only non OHV 60 days. Yes, we lost again!!! But I'll be in AZ waiting for all your arrivals through out the year.

Even Paul Cook who led the charge on this in Congress says it's a win... then I find out from a friend he is the guy that wrote the new SXS laws... originally banning kids as passengers if they couldn't flat foot the floor... no after market seating... helmets required... etc... etc... not so sure about him now.

Even Paul Cook who led the charge on this in Congress says it's a win... then I find out from a friend he is the guy that wrote the new SXS laws... originally banning kids as passengers if they couldn't flat foot the floor... no after market seating... helmets required... etc... etc... not so sure about him now.

Remember this Jeff, "ALL" politicians have forked tongue, makes it easier to talk out of both sides of their mouth! :prof:
:blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::BS::blah::blah::blah::BS:

:picard:

I just don't see how this will work out well. There will be a lot of riders who have no clue that this is happening who will be making incursions. A lot of those that do know about it will just ride anyway. There will also be a lot more riders who stop paying attention to land restrictions.

The BLM will be relatively powerless to do anything about it. Their manpower is small and the desert vast. To have any chance to bust a large amount of riders it will take county Sheriff involvement. I'm not real sure that will happen.

The marines will pursue. On my first trip to JV over 20 years ago I had no clue and a rudimentary map. I ended up where I was not supposed to be. When I saw the Humvee's heading in my direction at high speed I decided it was time to reverse my direction. I was an inexperienced rider on an old twin shock XL250 and they had no chance of catching up. They have little chance with experienced riders on modern bikes. To actually catch people will take helicopters and they do have them. So does the SBD Sheriffs.