It's a Doggy Dog world.

At least you were with her to the end. I'm sure she knew it as she went in peace and not in fear. This is a good poem I read after having to put my best friend down, maybe you'll like it.

With heavy hearts; and a tear in our eyes
after all these years; we must say goodbye
Please understand; we've done all we could
if there was anything we could do; you know we would
I'm sitting right here; gently rub your ears
while I talk to you softly; trying to hold back the tears
The memories you gave us; we'll never forget
especially the ones; of the day we all met
One last hug; and one last kiss
you have no idea; how much you'll be missed
To look into your eyes; this one last time
you tell me it's ok; you know it's your time
Close your eyes now; and go to sleep
we'll pray to the Lord; you're soul he'll keep
Go in peace now; our good friend
we'll stay right here with you; until the end
Dream of that special day and time
when we'll meet at the Bridge; and all will be fine
We'll run and play; side by side
with a soft warm feeling; deep down inside
Your memory will live on; in each one of us
you'll always be number 1; to all of us
Have a safe journey; through the night
I promise when you awake; you'll be in God's light
So with heavy hearts; and tears in our eyes
just for now my friend; we say goodbye
And I guess I'll throw up a quick pic of my best friend as I know he and Cheyenne are digging holes together up in heaven.
8119-d4b88d288ba4082476eaa9ccce96efb0.jpg
This brought tears to my eyes too. Very nice John.:thumb:

We have had to do this 4 times over the years. But I am such a puss, I have to have my wifey do it. I just can't bring myself to do it.

We too have had to do this and I have always volunteered to do it because I don't want them to have to go through the pain.... But I can't bring myself to go inside and stay until the end because I know how hard it will be... I had to do it a few years back with "Max", she was my best dog ever... she just gave out too. I carried her in, saw the look in her eyes when I sat her down and that was all it took. I had to leave the room. :cry:

After a year or so without a dog we've gotten a few other mongrals (couldn't have just 1), 1 of which is my new best friend Chili... when the time comes (she's roughly 7 years old)... it'll be the same way, she is so loyal to me... just as they say her breed says they become when they trust the master... She is like velcro, a shadow... :hifive:

Sorry for your loss Timo, tough one to get over but in time you will.... :hug:

Now on a ligher note.... I have a stand in if you'd like.... :banana: name's Emmy, about 4 years old... Beagle/Heeler mix... has the coloring of a heeler and the build of a Beagle... wants to be head Bish but Chili says SORRY, not yet!!! :naughty: they "quarral" about it then move on... :forman: Let me know!

We too have had to do this and I have always volunteered to do it because I don't want them to have to go through the pain.... But I can't bring myself to go inside and stay until the end because I know how hard it will be... I had to do it a few years back with "Max", she was my best dog ever... she just gave out too. I carried her in, saw the look in her eyes when I sat her down and that was all it took. I had to leave the room. :cry:

After a year or so without a dog we've gotten a few other mongrals (couldn't have just 1), 1 of which is my new best friend Chili... when the time comes (she's roughly 7 years old)... it'll be the same way, she is so loyal to me... just as they say her breed says they become when they trust the master... She is like velcro, a shadow... :hifive:

Sorry for your loss Timo, tough one to get over but in time you will.... :hug:

Now on a ligher note.... I have a stand in if you'd like.... :banana: name's Emmy, about 4 years old... Beagle/Heeler mix... has the coloring of a heeler and the build of a Beagle... wants to be head Bish but Chili says SORRY, not yet!!! :naughty: they "quarral" about it then move on... :forman: Let me know!

I waited, and was with her at the end, because I didn't want them to get busy, and have her sit and wait in a cage until the end of the day.