Is this a good deal?

This one just popped up today.... in my price range too! hows this one look guys? http://honolulu.craigslist.org/big/mcy/4220324600.html

Years 2004-2006 is hit or miss, usually miss, with the RMZ and KXF (they were basically the same bike, just different color). The earlier models had overheating problems which has probably been corrected on this bike due to the Pro Circuit water pump. I think they may have had other problems as well though.

As for the 2005 CRF250r, it was rebuilt with titanium valves which could potentially cause for many valve adjustments. Stainless steel is what you want to replace them with to make them reliable.

It's usually a good idea to buy 2007 and up when it comes to 4 stroke 250's. But many times it's hit or miss, how you maintain them, and how you ride them. Someone could have put many hours on their early 4 stroke bike with no problems, while the next guy with the same bike could be on their 2nd rebuild. That's what scares many people away from 4 strokes. The later model 4 strokes are a lot more reliable if they have been taken care of.

If you dont mind a 2 stroke 250 bike, they have been nearly perfected for many years. And they are cheaper.

Do you have any buddies over there to help you out. TT has a guy by the handle of Hawaiiantrailrider or dirtrider in the Beta Forum. He deals with Tiki cycles down in Honolulu. Said the owner is a great dude. Check them out.

Thanks, no I don't know anyone here who is into dirt bikes...... unfortunately I am on a different island:/ There is a MX/Atv association here but they only open the track like 1 weekend a month..... I'm planning on checking out the next practice/race but that's on December 22.

Okay so I decided that Santa will be getting a crf50 for my son and I am in a dilemma between buying the 2008 crf250 or a brand new 2012 yzf 250. The dealer said the 2008 crf 250 is in excellent condition and that he knows the owner and the bike has been babied..... Don't know if its just salesman talk or what as in haven't got the chance to see the bike in person but what should I buy? The crf for $4000 or the yzf for $6500. Is the yzf worth spending the extra cash? Of course I would like to spend as least as possible but if it warrants the extra cash then I guess I'll have to spend it.

Okay so I decided that Santa will be getting a crf50 for my son and I am in a dilemma between buying the 2008 crf250 or a brand new 2012 yzf 250. The dealer said the 2008 crf 250 is in excellent condition and that he knows the owner and the bike has been babied..... Don't know if its just salesman talk or what as in haven't got the chance to see the bike in person but what should I buy? The crf for $4000 or the yzf for $6500. Is the yzf worth spending the extra cash? Of course I would like to spend as least as possible but if it warrants the extra cash then I guess I'll have to spend it.

It doesn't hurt to go check them out and weigh your options..

Thanks, no I don't know anyone here who is into dirt bikes...... unfortunately I am on a different island:/ There is a MX/Atv association here but they only open the track like 1 weekend a month..... I'm planning on checking out the next practice/race but that's on December 22.
What island are you on? I lived on the big island back in the 80's, (Puna district/south of Hilo) used to surf Drain Pipe. Boy, that island has grows and changed from volcanic action. Anyway, good luck on you venture, looks like you have a plan. Get the YZ. :thumb: