Is Having The Dealer Service The Bike Worth It?

Alright so what I figured I will do is take it in for the first 15 hour maintenance so they could check the valves, run the diagnostic tool, make sure everything is up to spec :blah:. Then hopefully learn to do the rest on my own and save the $.

Yep, this sounds like our game plan.

I always maintain my bikes on my own but I recently found a shop in my area and for a couple hundred bucks plus parts they will adjust my valves, flush out brake lines front and rear and clean out master cylinders, change engine oil and filter, change tranny oil, change out radiator juice, check the carb settings, replace spark plug and check bearing adjustments in front end and go over all critical tightening proceedures at all the important locations. I do not mess with valves but I do all the other stuff at times but not often enough in my opinion. I thought that since this bike has been sitting for months this is not a bad price to pay so it can all be done at once and be ready for the upcoming season. Considering this bike is now 4 years old I do not feel bad spending some money on it and having all of the service done. It is good to learn how to do things on your own but not a bad idea to get it all done by a reputable source once in a while too but I do not look at dealers as being one of these places. I don't have the time it takes either to do all the other stuff all the time.