Insurance

Do you guys have insurance on your dirt bikes ?

what kind of coverage do you have on your policy?

who do you use ?

i just did the online quote thing from Geico and they want 144 a year with
Bodily Injury Liability
Property Damage Liability
Medical Payments
Comprehensive @ 50 deductible
i havent pulled the trigger yet as i still need to check around but thought id get some DBA opinion

Do you guys have insurance on your dirt bikes ?

what kind of coverage do you have on your policy?

who do you use ?

i just did the online quote thing from Geico and they want 144 a year with
Bodily Injury Liability
Property Damage Liability
Medical Payments
Comprehensive @ 50 deductible
i havent pulled the trigger yet as i still need to check around but thought id get some DBA opinion

I use Foremost for our dirtbikes. You may want to check them.

I have Progressive and have full coverage. I understand that if you don't have liability and get caught riding on road the penalty is stiff.

I have my Home Owners, Auto and everything through Farm Bureau Insurance. I have Full Coverage on all of our bikes. 04 CRF230, 2001 WR250, 2008 WR250 I think the policy was called a Inland Marine Policy. Anyways Our deductable was $100. Your $144 a year sounds high if that is for one bike. All of our bikes cost me $176 a year but with that being said you are in CA and theft and such may be higher there so it may be more money.

We have to carry insurance on our bikes to ride any dirt roads here. The difference between libility and full coverage was next to nothing. I'm really glad I had full coverage on my bike.

I have my Home Owners, Auto and everything through Farm Bureau Insurance. I have Full Coverage on all of our bikes. 04 CRF230, 2001 WR250, 2008 WR250 I think the policy was called a Inland Marine Policy. Anyways Our deductable was $100. Your $144 a year sounds high if that is for one bike. All of our bikes cost me $176 a year but with that being said you are in CA and theft and such may be higher there so it may be more money.

We have to carry insurance on our bikes to ride any dirt roads here. The difference between libility and full coverage was next to nothing. I'm really glad I had full coverage on my bike.

you are what got me thinking about it to be honest.

Insurance on a dirt bike sounds like a pretty good idea, but I don't think my bike would even be worth insuring :noidea: otherwise the hundred-some bucks a year wouldn't seem too unreasonable :thumb:

Insurance on a dirt bike sounds like a pretty good idea, but I don't think my bike would even be worth insuring :noidea: otherwise the hundred-some bucks a year wouldn't seem too unreasonable :thumb:

Are you really 16? If so, this is a parent issue. Either way though, if you hit someone or kill someone (rare but it happens) it is not the dirtbike to be worried about, but the cost to repair the PERSON you hit. Mr. Rack can elaborate more on this. :ride:

James

Staff member
Mines through Allstate:

Liability Insurance - 36.07
Medical Payments (up to $2,500) - 60.74
Comprehensive Insurance - 95.52
Optional or Added Equipment (includes trailer)(Up to $1,000) - Free

Total: 192.33
Pay in Full total: $173.10 a year

Mines through Allstate:

Liability Insurance - 36.07
Medical Payments (up to $2,500) - 60.74
Comprehensive Insurance - 95.52
Optional or Added Equipment (includes trailer)(Up to $1,000) - Free

Total: 192.33
Pay in Full total: $173.10 a year

so you got insurance assistance when to messed up your shoulder?

James

Staff member
so you got insurance assistance when to messed up your shoulder?

Yeah my regular health insurance covered most of it (around 50k). :ride:

:picard: I had forgotten about my med payments insurance until I looked it up for this thread. :bonk: Here I'll even give myself a double :picard::picard: :smirk:

i've been thinking about getting insurance too... i'm just worried they'd know what they were talking about before the insured my bike and point out what all's wrong with it already... that $100 deductable ain't nothing compared to what i need to fix on it from wrecks...lol

Everyone needs to keep in mind your not going to claim on it everytime you wreck it or your insurance will go up and probably drop you. It more for when it falls off a trailer, or someone backs over your bike cause they didn't see it, or the day you loose it down the mountain side and its in a ball of metal.

I'm not sure what the laws are in other states but we have to have insurance on our bike to ride any dirt road that is maintained by county, BLM, or Forest Service. So if you guys come up here to ride make sure you have insurance if you plan to ride any roads. Even if its just a mile or two. They are getting to be sticklers on this.:thumb: